logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline deadserious  
#21 Posted : 11 June 2011 09:06:53(UTC)
deadserious

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
Hayden - Be Back Soon
Luke Striker - Sorry Again
Isabel - Shine
Hannah Beth - Let's Dance! (feat. Tisha Jackson & Isabel)
Teen Titans - Memory
Mandy Williams - I Don't Care
Lily - Gravity of Love
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#22 Posted : 11 June 2011 09:18:30(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Dangerous (feat. Glamazon) Music Video

The video is more of a mini-movie, than a music video featuring heavy dialogue. The effects of the video are similar to the one in "Sin City" and takes place in the 1920s in various place in the world. Glamazon and Giselle are two top assassins who are known as the most deadliest women in the world. Both women are cunning, intelligent, and gorgeous making them very irresistible. Both women don't know each other, they live parallel lives, they do meet up later. They do however work for rival assassin firms.

The video begins with Giselle who is now a former assassin who decides to stay home and start a family. She marries a man who begins to change after marriage, tired of the torment and her falling out of love with him, she kills him with food laced with rat poison and covers his death as a suicide (The first lines of Dangerous are heard). She then takes all his money and moves to Los Angeles, she then talks to her former assassin firm and decides to rejoin. Now the video turns to Glamazon, who is seeking a notorious crime boss who runs a drug cartel in Bangkok, Thailand. Glamazon starts to have a hard time pinning him down, she later finds his whereabouts in a lavish party he throws. The party happens to be a masquerade (Glamazon's part in Dangerous plays) she flirts with him and lures him to a private room, kisses him, and kills him with a hand fan that contained a hidden blade, she walks away smirking. When two security guards burst in the room she's already gone, leaving her trademark rose in his hands. Giselle is given a mission to assassinate a diplomant in Paris, Glamazon happens to have the same mission too (this is where the two women meet; the chorus to Dangerous is played. The diplomat is cornered in a crowded area, both Glamazon and Giselle are on opposite ends of each other, when they move through the crowd, they both assassinate the diplomat, and when he falls the two women see each other for the first time and a rivalry is born between them. The climax of the video begins, Giselle is given a mission to kill Glamazon and Glamazon is given a mission to kill Giselle. Because they are both top assassins this proves to be hard for both. Both women searching for each other find themselves in an alleyway, they both begin an intense fight with complicated moves, it begins to rain and the women are still duking it out. Both women decide to call a truce and leave their assassin firms to start their own. The video closes with credits.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#23 Posted : 11 June 2011 09:19:48(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Hayden - Be Back Soon
Isabel - Shine
Teen Titans - Memory
Lily - Gravity of Love
Giselle - Dangerous (feat. Glamazon)
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline infinite135  
#24 Posted : 11 June 2011 09:37:02(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Infinite- Vague Similarities

The opening shots show a cartoon world of black and white, in the specific setting of a city. There is a very Gothic style to the video, particularly with the shadows. As a result, the only visible part on the faces of the people on the street are their eyes. The simplistic artistic way of showing the living beings and most of their surroundings is contrasted with the screens on the side of the buildings; they are brightly lit, and rapidly change color. Each one is showing the word 'FRIENDLY', which seems to be of some importance to the citizens, as they keep looking up at it. A very calm and relaxed attitude is radiating from everyone, and the city seems to be one of peace; people even shake the hands of random strangers as they walk by.

"The boiling of the bloodstream is building up inside of me
Air is so black, the air is so black
It brings me down"

'EUPHORIA' flashes through the screens, with the people in the streets below becoming the visual representation of the mood. In something very similar to any number of musicals, various people break out into dance. A wide variety of styles can be seen, including slow-dances and tangos. Although the mouths on their faces aren't seen smiling, therefore not giving away any tell-tale signs of smiling or laughing, it can still be seen that the citizens are blissfully happy. This feeling is further reinforced by the fact that this part of the video is in slow-motion, giving the impression that the paradise will continue forever.

"The endless possibilities are shot down before they can bloom
Skin is so blue, the skin is so blue
It brings me down"

The happy dances are abruptly cut off as the billboard-screens transition to something new; 'FURY'. After a brief several seconds of the citizens staring at the word, and mentally interpreting what it means, hell breaks loose in the previously peaceful city. Fights begin, and mobs with pitchforks and torches are formed. In a brief second, the same people who were united in celebration have been divided against each other. Ironically, the city is now much more colorful than before, as the orange hues of the fire are the only color that isn't from the screens.

"The windows are shut to blind ourselves of what’s outside
Eyes are so white, the eyes are so white
It brings me down"

As the fighting reaches a fever-pitch, the screens begin to change again.Although the new word isn't shown to the viewer, the citizens stare at the screen in surprise. After titling their heads and blinking in momentary confusion, everyone soon goes inside and begins climbing the stairs. In an eerie continuation from earlier, the citizens are seen jumping from the buildings in slow motion, and all the while the screens with the word 'WORTHLESS' are seen behind their falling bodies.

"The city is so silent now that past rights have been wronged
Water is so red, the water is so red
It brings me down"

Eric Quillington wrote:
"It's not a music video condoning suicide; Infinite's not one of those shitty little emo bands or anything. I've just always been interested in the idea of media controlling the thoughts of the public. It's an idea that's been played to death in all forms of artistic mediums, but we still wanted to show off our own unique spin on the topic. It should be pretty self-explanatory, though."

Edited by user 11 June 2011 09:39:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline deadserious  
#25 Posted : 11 June 2011 09:43:55(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Hayden - Be Back Soon
Isabel - Shine
Teen Titans - Memory
Lily - Gravity of Love
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline DistortedAudio  
#26 Posted : 11 June 2011 11:38:36(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
OOC:
Just a recommendation here but you could have Music Box VJs or whatever covering the Field Trip Festival this weekend(starts tomorrow) and interviewing artists. I think that would be kinda cool.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline deadserious  
#27 Posted : 11 June 2011 13:06:26(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
OOC:
Just a recommendation here but you could have Music Box VJs or whatever covering the Field Trip Festival this weekend(starts tomorrow) and interviewing artists. I think that would be kinda cool.

That's exactly what I need. I can make up a few Music Box characters for such events.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline John  
#28 Posted : 12 June 2011 00:18:55(UTC)
John

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
OOC-I hope it's not too late for me to add my video to next week's countdown

Music Video for "Where Do We Go From Here" by The Band

The video opens with a vapid pop star accepting an award at a ceremony. We see York sitting in the audience bored. Later, he is leaving the show being harassed by a reporter. This is designed to sound as annoying as possible. They have a dialog that lasts a full minute We see various people in their hotel rooms after the show has ended. We see a woman taking off her clothes to get in the shower. It goes tight on her feet. As the song begins the surroundings change around the feet, and the camera pans up to show us Kim, standing in a coat and tie and a many colored plaid skirt. Throughout the video, it cuts between a drama with York and the rest of The Band playing in an apartment. Black does not have her bass, enabling her to jump up and down on her microphone stand, and run about bobbing her head. York's segments are subtitled. We see York in an upscale bar. He offers to drive a pseudo-drunk woman home. We later see him flirting with her. This is very lame on both fronts. It is full of terrible puns. York eventually becomes disgusted and returns to his seat. During the string portion of the song, it focuses more on The Band, and it is very hard to see during York’s segments. It uses avant-guard cinematography to represent a feeling of confusion and chaos and to hide various acts of debauchery that cannot be shown on television. The video concludes with York carrying the drunken girl home on his shoulder. This is similar to the first dialog with the reporter, with York being harassed but being forced to take it. The video fades out with him walking home.
My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#29 Posted : 12 June 2011 00:43:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Song: Crucifixion on An Innocent (Suffer)
Recorded: June 2010
Written: Stephanie Fierce
Directed by: Stephanie Fierce, Chris Cunningham
Instrumentation by: The Producers

Filming for the music video began on February 3, 2011, and continued for the next three days. The clip was directed by Stephanie Fierce and Chris Cunningham.

Song Description: “Crucifixion on An Innocent (Suffer)” is a song written solely by Stephanie F. Johnson. The song was partially written on her tour bus while she was in New York and recorded in a private studio located in Tokyo, Japan (Where “The Bitch” was recorded.). The concept of “cruxificon” was very relatable to Steph’s mother’s death. She applied the same concept unconditionally to a past relationship she had. Revenge is never sweet and Stephanie realized that eventually. The message of the song, is that we all rise (eventually) no matter what and Steph witnesses the guy she got killed rising in her presence.

The song opens up with Stephanie speaking into a tape recorder. Her voice is raw and a bit scratchy.
A very low static/white noise (almost unheard) and a soft violin is heard in the background as if someone was carelessly playing it. After the spoken intro, the song introduces rhythm with a powerful Taiko drum, the “Tribal” like solo continues on, until it is joined prudently by the “fue” (a flute) and the violin. The two unique sounds overlap each other as Stephanie painfully sings the song. In the bridge, the violin takes over until the trumpets go off. The song ends ends with a cry done in "acapella" form.

"This song is so powerful and vocally driven. The orchestration left us breathless. We had to take a break and realize that what we just heard was so epic. The song has a clever and powerful message. Revenge isn't always so sweet. The sinner goes on to symbolically crucify her ex lover. After seeking revenge, it backfires on her when Stephanie is faced with seeing the guy she killed, rise above her. Leaving her frozen, and eventually the suffering was on her. The song has a violent instrumentation, and with the help of drums, sharp flutes and violins, it might leave you to tears. This is one of the most impressive things we've seen from a pop star this year. No doubt Stephanie Fierce will remain one of the best artists out there!" - Rolling Stone

(Song Preview)

Spoken:
“He was as innocent and beautiful as a white dove.
and I…….I was so cruel,
Without the Devil’s consent.
No pity and so determined.
They tied him. Taped his mouth.
Hit his in the stomach.
As I watched him painfully gasp for air..
Die fucker!…..as his mouth filled with blood and as his heart slowly stopped beating.
They spat on his face.
Kicked him in the gut, his stomach internally bleeding.
Left him there as if he was worth nothing.
Only his body was found.
I asked myself
What am I to do now God?
I am now a lost daughter
What did I do to deserve this? How selfish of me to say that
I was faithful to him though.
I waited.
No answer.
I waited and waited.
No answer.
And one day……

Sung/Music Begins:
As I lay in my bed
I see the filthy cross
Hoped to see you there
I can't even sing now....

All I see is blood
Oh I feel the pain
Oh I feel the suffer
Oh I see your soul

Still I hold the gun
Oh my heart is beating
Like I'm having fun
But I see your soul
Rise on up above me
My tears on a roll
*Deep breath*"

Stephanie Fierce "Crucifixion on an Innocent (Suffer)" Music Video

The first scene (a muted scene; no sound) begins with Stephanie Fierce sitting on a weelchair, looking out through a clinic window. The view of the window overlooks a sea. She's breathing hard; strucked by the reality of her disease. What automatically strikes you in this scene is that Steph is seen aged with wrinkles and grey hair. Respiratory tubes are seen coming out of her nose. It's almost like Stephanie's youth and innonce was ripped out of her. She then looks into the camera (the camera doesn't zoom into her face). Her head sinks down and the scene fades out to years back in time.

(Muted Dialougue:
Doctor: Miss Stephanie Fierce. We're sorry to tell you.....)

(Rest is not muted)

Steph looks into the doctors eyes as if in regret and runs out of the room. Steph is then seen holding her belly with force, her face holding out the news, paralyzed by the words she just heard. She then lets out the gasp of air she was holding in and shoves both her hands into her face, breaks down crying. The camera emphasizes on her her whole body. Her legs begin to shiver. Nothing but her sobbing is heard. That scene slowly fades out.

Fierce is then seen floating inside a placenta. Her eyes open. This imagery is the highlight of the video. The placenta represents the spiritual embryo of rebirth. A bright light that flashes in the background, surrounds the placenta. This very moment respresents "coming out of the spiritual womb". The scene fades into a bright light.

She's then seen curled up on a runway floor that's located in a dark abandoned area. The runway is only present ad everything in the background is pitch black. She's seen wearing a wet-like nude suit, that was originally designed by Gianni Versace in the 80's. The camera zooms in from a floor level shot, as if it were creeping into her. The runway floor is a glossy/mirror black, so the imagery is gloomy and clean cut. Her wet-look, also looks as if she was a newborn trapped in a woman's body. The runway is symbolic to her life as a pop star, someone who relies heavily on the fashion of pop culture to make their music interesting.

She then confidently stands up, her legs shaking and says the following lyric in sign language while the music begins. "Respect my Movement or Get Ran over". The choreogprahy done for this scene of the video is quite complex, and features more loose leg, finger, hand movements. The moves are done effortlessly, almost as if they weren't choreographed. Both Steph and her army of dancer, make their way down the endless runaway, until Steph finally falls down. As she lays on the floor, a satanic evil clown creeps next her (the clown doesn't look bright or magical). He then gets on top of her, caressing her face. He then attempts to suck the soul of out her. A dust of air is seen and Steph vividly turns pale. The clown, taking all he could escapes leaving her there weak.

Stephanie then wakes up from the horrible nightmare.

She's once again seen as the old lady. This final scene, has a sad yet joyous tone (Heavily inspired by the hollywood film 'Titanic', where Rose is seen as an old woman throwing her blue diamond into the ocean). Stephanie is seen walking barefoot towards the beach front of the clinic, only sleeping gown covering her body. She weakly dances a little, she seems joyous. Her friendly wrinkly face stares into the ocean front as the instrumental adds more emotion to the scene. She doesn't realize that she's still dreaming. She sees a rainbow over the beach front. Takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, raises both of her hands up as if she were praising it and looks up in to the sky. The alreary bright scene fades into white.

Then what seems to be a sequence of clips that are collocated with the scene are seen. One shows a younger Stephanie admiring a Michael Jackson poster in her bedroom wall; running her hand down it, another shows actual footage of Steph as a baby, her mother tickling her. During this scene, Steph and a woman with fierce long hair (who seems to be Stephanie's mother) are seen seen flying on a magestic unicorn through the clouds, with black ravens following. Both main clips go back and forth and work as a correlation to her childhood and tribute to Stephanie's mother. The scene brightly fades out into white, then finally, Steph is seen carrying Helle in a hospital bed, giving her baby a kiss, holding on to her on her naked chest, closing her eyes in happiness. She just gave birth to a life and to whole new beginning.

The video ends with the words "RIP to My Beautiful Mother. We Will Always Stay Fierce."

Offline deadserious  
#30 Posted : 12 June 2011 01:34:42(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Hayden - Be Back Soon
Isabel - Shine
Teen Titans - Memory
Lily - Gravity of Love
The Band - Where Do We Go From Here
Stephanie Fierce - Crucifixion on an Innocent (Suffer)

*I have eleven, only need 4 more to start the voting*
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline C4AJoh  
#31 Posted : 12 June 2011 01:48:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
OOC: Hey, if you wanna include highlights from the Field Trip Festival on this Music Box then feel free.
Offline deadserious  
#32 Posted : 12 June 2011 01:51:20(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Hey, if you wanna include highlights from the Field Trip Festival on this Music Box then feel free.

That's great, thank you.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#33 Posted : 12 June 2011 01:57:55(UTC)
deadserious

United States

UserPostedImage

Look here as we show you the highlights from the Field Trip Festival!
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#34 Posted : 12 June 2011 02:01:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Green Leaf "Insomnia" Music Video

UserPostedImage

Setting & Description:
The music video takes place inside a Trish’s dorm room during 12:00am to 8:00am. Trish takes the role of an obsessed music and Green Leaf fan. In her dorm she has a poster that reads “Go green or Go to Sleep” and on her floor she has a stack of CD’s. The CD on top happens to be Green Leaf’s new album, as the cover is seen. She even has a leaf-shaped clock on top of what looks like a desk and on the bead there is a Green Leaf costume made blanket. Trish is also insomniac but only because she’s obsessed with music and the media and it over takes her.

Music Video:
The music video begins with 19 year old college kid Trish sitting on her bed. Trish takes a look at her alarm clock and it reads 12:00am, seconds later the song “Insomnia” finally
begins. Trish is constantly looking out her window as if someone was watching her since she has that paranoia. However when she looks out her window she notices some people
coming into her building at 12:00am in the morning, which was not normal. Suddenly she hears a knock on the door and before she could even open it, her friends burst in the
door and start a crash party. This represents the first distraction by Insomnia. The party scene is hectic and you see Trish sitting down as her friends begin to drink alcohol while
Trish mimes the chorus of the song. When the catchy part of the song finally reaches, they force Trish to dance. A shot of her and her friends dancing behind her is then seen.
You’ll notice the friends are all smiling evilly, while Trisha is frowning. This represents the second distraction by Insomnia. Finally Trish puts her foot down and tells everyone to leave. She pushes them out of her dorm and locks the door. When she is about to sit on her bed, the bed “magically” moves as if it were escaping from her! This represents the third distraction by insomnia. She finally manages to sit on her bed, she lays her head back and as soon as her head hits the pillow a marching band burst into the door (As the climax of the song builds), the TV turns on and so does the radio, waking her up and out of the bed! The marching band (the fourth distraction by insomnia) is Green Leaf. You see Maria, Rebecca, Leon and Luis singing the orchestral bridge of the song while playing their instruments. Trish while star struck begins to cover her ears. The room begins to shake and the movement spills a glass of wine. The wine turns into water and begins to flood the room as if the spill was actually capable of flooding the whole room. Trish then hangs on to her bed as the water is almost reaching the top of it. The band begins to disappear as the water rises. Insomnia takes more effect but kills. Finally, when the room is close to being fully flooded by the rising water, with the help of Maria and Rebecca Trish swims to the top for air. As soon as she reaches the top, the whole water in the room jumps back into a small glass of wine. Trisha gasps for air, and goes mad. The screamo part of the song starts, and Trisha begins to smash her TV so it won’t turn on , throws her radio against the wall so it won’t work, and finally grabs all her Green Leaf posters and CD's and throws them out of her window. The song finishes and since the sun is already out Trish looks at the camera shrugs and leaves her room to go to class.

Offline deadserious  
#35 Posted : 12 June 2011 02:08:37(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Hayden - Be Back Soon
Isabel - Shine
Teen Titans - Memory
Lily - Gravity of Love
The Band - Where Do We Go From Here
Stephanie Fierce - Crucifixion on an Innocent (Suffer)
Green Leaf - Insomnia

*I have twelve, only need 3 more to start*
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline C4AJoh  
#36 Posted : 12 June 2011 02:15:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Release Date: April 17, 2011
Format: CD Single, Digital Download
Recorded: Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California
Genre: RnB, Soul, Blues
Length: 5:43
Label: Junction Records!
Written By: Alicia Lena
Producers: Ryan Ross Hernandez, Alicia Lena

Song Meaning
“The Butterfly Effect is a song in two parts. It’s about that theory that something so insignificant can have a major impact on something. A small change at one place in a complex system can have large effects elsewhere, it’s a fascinating theory to me. I spoke to this girl who had a story which inspired me to write a similar kind of story and put it in a song.
Her story goes like this, A girl called Jessica woke up and got ready to head off to work, it was just a normal day and she was on her way to get the train to work when she saw a huge traffic jam. She’d always go the same way to work each day for 15 years and for some reason on this day she decided to take the longer route because she didn’t want to be stuck in a traffic jam on a bus for so long and that decision became hugely important. She took the longer route, which led to her missing her train, she had never missed the 7:45 train to work in 15 years and this one time she missed it was the time when the train was in a horrific accident, there was something wrong with the track and the train overturned, sadly killing several people on it. That one decision to take the longer route essentially saved her life and I find that so scary but also so mind blowing that one decision can result in life or death.”
- Alicia Lena

Song Description
The Butterfly is a soulful melodic track with focus mainly on Alicia Lena’s vocals, deciding to just make use of her voice and her piano as she seems to prefer, it’s a throwback to classic motown music which Alicia has stated is where her heart is at when it comes to making music. It’s soft, soulful and emotional, telling a story of how one seemingly innocuous decision changed a life.
It’s music accompanying the song and the piano playing is very classically influenced, even sampling Beethoven’s Ode To Joy towards the end of the song to add intrigue and mystique to song. Not an obvious choice as a single from someone who is generally considered a popstar, it’s beauty is there in a similar way to the Eva Cassidy cover of Fields Of Gold or even Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton.
Clearly Ryan Ross Hernandez’ presence in the studio is more evident on this track than any other.

Music Video
UserPostedImage

A very simplistic music video which continually switches between Alicia Keys playing piano in a Manhattan apartment and also follow the story of the young girl who‘s decision to take a different route to work results in the young woman narrowly avoiding near-death. As the young woman makes her way to work she makes a decision to take a longer route to the train station and missed her regular train, the video cuts to the young woman walking towards her place of work as she sees a news bulletin in Times Square about the train that she missed earlier had overturned and resulted in some people being killed.
As the song progresses the focus switches to Alicia Lena as she continue’s to perform the song in the Manhattan apartment and the final shot of the video is of Alicia blowing a kiss into the camera.

OOC: I don't usually do music video's because I'm pretty terrible at it, but I found this, so you can use it. :)
Offline deadserious  
#37 Posted : 12 June 2011 08:09:56(UTC)
deadserious

United States

UserPostedImage

Miss Vanity stared at herself in her dressing room mirror, she looked pale and lifeless as she stared hard for a minute, her vision blurred as she concentrated; a million questions running through her head, but no emotion. Normally before a show, she'd feel a mix of adrenaline and nerves kick in which gave her that drive to perform to her best ability. Now, she felt nothing.

A countdown appeared on a huge screen on stage as the crowd cheered wildly, waiting for Vanity's arrival. She heard their screams as she stood on an elevator which was about to lift her up to the stage; and yet still she felt empty. "Good luck" he said, "don't let me down", she gave an empty smile and from there, it was showtime, the lights flashed on and Vanity was lifted up to a smoke-filled stage. Hit single "Lilith" began and she walked forward, she looked out to the thousands of people in the crowd, but she didn't feel a drive to entertain, the ease of putting on an energetic show was suddenly the hardest thing in the world to her. She continued walking to the edge of the stage, her vocals weak, and at times even out of tune. She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them again, she missed a few lines from the song and had now forgotten where to start from; she looked down, and then back at her dancers, who carried on with their routine, helping to put on the show that fans were hoping to see. She put her hands on her head and walked to the back of the stage.

She left the stage for a brief moment and then came back on soon after, her live band began "Nightmares", she looked down and moved her head to the beat as she managed to remember the starting point of the song. Her dancers stood next to her as she attempted to dance with them, but she was always a step behind and looked unrehearsed, strangely enough, Vanity had originally put hours into this performance, but at this point, it was looking like this was her first time attempting the routine. "Kill Me Slowly" was no different for her, the dancing once again appeared embarrasing, some of her dancers even looked at her in disbelief, the audience looked majorly disappointed, Vanity's vocals weren't much better than her half-hearted attempt at her dance moves. She fell to her knees for the end of the song and the stage lights blacked out; fans began to worry about Vanity's current state as she seemed nervous, unconfident and bored.

Luckily for her, the next few songs were mainly based around stage gimmicks which didn't rely on her dancing as much. Two masked men grabbed Vanity and wrapped chains around her wrists; the other end of the chains attached to the back of the stage. She stood at a microphone stand and began "Cold Blooded Lover", her voice cracked often on the higher notes, leading her to completely miss them out later in the song as she stood awkwardly at the microphone, her arms slumped down beside her with the chains still wrapped around them. The chains were later removed and she was dragged over to a large, metallic chair and locked in for "Mind Control", smoke and sparks came out of the track to give off the impression she was being electrocuted, but Vanity sat there looking bored. She sang the first half of the song live, but gave up on singing the rest as the crowd booed. The lights shut off for a quick costume change and she left the stage.

A classic piano appeared at the back of the stage as soft white lights beamed down onto it; Vanity walked over slowly and sat down, seen in a long, black dress. She began playing "Little Miss Controversy" instantly without a word spoken to the crowd. She messed up soon after and paused, she looked out to the crowd, and looked back down at her trembling hands on the piano keys. She took a deep breath and began once again, at times, the song was unrecognisable from her mistakes, but she carried on, playing the whole song on piano without any vocals, unlike originally planned. She rose to her feet for "Beat Me Down" and to the crowds surprise, began singing as she walked through the fog on the stage and stopped mid-way, to only turn back and sit once again at the piano. She ended it quickly and went onto play "I Am Human" once again without any vocal assistance, the song stands as one of her least successful singles in her career; leaving many crowd members to have no idea on what she was playing on the piano. She stopped not even half-way through the song, as if she was rushing her way through everything, and then she hurriedly walked off stage.

Back on stage, she was now seen in simple red PVC lingerie for next track "Fresh Meat", the opening chords from an electric guitar player began and she let out a loud, harsh scream and then started the first verse of the metal-remix of the track. She ran her fingers through the guitar players hair as her out-of-breath, whispered vocals were completely overshadowed by her band, her vocals could barely be heard. She threw her microphone into the crowd and kissed the guitar player on the lips before walking off stage, leaving her band no other choice but to finish the rest of the track up alone. Thirty minutes passed and she was finally seen back on stage for "Devil in Disguise", Vanity seen sitting on a large hoop, hanging above the stage, her vocals were shaky as if she was scared to be so high up. She closed her eyes through most of the performance and looked up, away from the crowd. She was eventually lowered down and she walked off of the stage without any sign of interaction with fans, her dancers waved to the crowd and they walked off behind her.

Fans looked at the stage confused, wondering if she was going to add to what seemed to be a shockingly short set list for a headlining act. Over twenty minutes passed, some had left and others still had hope that Miss Vanity was going to take to the stage once again, many praying that the performer they had known her for would somehow resurrect for the final part of the show; but time passed and nothing happened. A staff member from the festival eventually announced over speaker that the set was over, disappointed fans booed as they left. Was this the final nail in the coffin for Miss Vanity?

Set list
1. Lilith
2. Nightmares
3. Kill Me Slowly
4. Cold Blooded Lover
5. Mind Control
6. Little Miss Controversy (Piano Version)
7. Beat Me Down
8. I Am Human
9. Fresh Meat (Metal Remix)
10. Devil in Disguise

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline deadserious  
#38 Posted : 12 June 2011 08:10:48(UTC)
deadserious

United States

UserPostedImage

Infinite; Live at Field Trip Festival

Classical music is heard over the PA, signifying the imminent arrival of a certain alternative-rock trio. As they step onstage, it’s easy to see that each member of Infinite has their own unique style. Matt Roberts, dressed in a plain black shirt and pants, has a casual air around him, despite currently being viewed by thousands. Greg Oldson has an indie appearance, with his green pants and slightly long blonde hair. Having been seen a brief time ago, it’s startling to see the shift in Eric Quillington. Whereas his performance with MattY was with a clear-minded focus, he now seemed slightly disheveled, with a loopy grin plastered on his face.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, it is your lord and master; Eric Quillington. The Quixotic, the Chosen One, the last son of Krypton,” he says in a drunken slur. It was unclear what exactly was going on inside the enigmatic frontman at this moment, as he stood before the 150,000 in attendance. He had always enjoyed being in Infinite, and tried his hardest to put on a good show. In his teenage years, Quillington had been one of the wild rockers, a man known to perform naked and high on mere impulse. He had since matured, but perhaps the impulse-free side to him still lay dormant, and this was one of the occasions it had been set free. Nobody knew what the frontman’s drunken behavior would mean for the upcoming show.

All the audience knew was this; tonight, he wouldn’t resist the urge to fuck up Infinite’s performance.

Grinning like a Jackal (snippet)/Synthesia

Stepping up to the microphone, Eric decides against introducing the band with words. Instead he sings, a cappella, a line from a new Infinite song;

“Just turn on the bright lights, and no one’s going to say you’re all alone tonight”

After Greg counts his two band-mates in, the first real song of the evening begins. As it is unfinished, the song is very sketchy in structure. A catchy guitar riff, something Infinite have always strayed away from, drives the song. During the two-line choruses, Eric’s voice is distorted to make it seem as though it’s coming through a phonograph; very distant, and with a crackling, difficult-to-make-out, quality.

“Dear sir, please spare a penny for the blind
Take me through the spectrum, as the sounds turn to color
As you can see, my dreams of being a performance freak have failed
Does that still make me special?

And for a minute, the moth thought he was the flame
The muse mistook herself as the masterpiece

Good afternoon, it’s nice to talk to someone for an hour
All my plans for the future were abandoned when I rewrote the past
As you can see, there’s nothing that’s been troubling me
Does that still make me a tortured artist?

And for a minute, I lost myself in the beauty
Unfortunately, I ran out of words to rhyme”

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

“I’ve lost the plot,” Eric said, his speaking voice barely recognizable due to the slurs and stutters, “But, whatever, it’s all cool. Here’s, um, our next song. It’s the B-Side to our latest single, called Finding Negative Beauty in Spaces. No, Negative Findings in Beautiful Spaces. FUCK IT, I DON’T KNOW. Enjoy.”

Despite making an ass out of himself while doing anything but playing music, Eric still plays the opening strums to the next song with competence. It’s a simple melody of chords, one that can be accomplished without much technical ability or focus. This is a huge blessing for the guitarist, as he currently lacks the latter. Regaining some confidence in his performance, he attempts to return to the more flamboyant stage antics he is typically capable of while sober. Obviously, disastrous results follow; an attempt at a mid-air spin, something completely out-of-place with the slower-paced feel of the song, ends with Eric landing on his back. After struggling to get up while still playing his guitar, in a scene straight out of Spinal Tap, he finally makes it over to sing the first verse.

Eric’s voice, much like earlier, still possesses much more clarity while in singing form. The Quixotic has always seemed more graceful and confident while performing music, so this isn’t too much of a surprise. An undertone of seduction is evident in his singing, taking influence from various love songs, reinforcing the intended message of this song; a twisted mocking of ‘Love Ballads’.

“You can’t make pretty pictures, you can’t make pretty poems
It doesn’t matter, because you simply view the world differently
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder
It’s only a matter of time before the loneliness evaporates
After all, you’ll never be alone”

Tinkling notes on the piano begin to be played by Greg Oldson, a musician who seems to be distancing himself from the position of drumming. As there is no percussion, it is left to Eric’s acoustic strumming to carry the rhythm. The song has gone to hell in the instrumental interlude between the verses; there is no actual beat, making each instrument seem out of time.

In a move that is becoming a defining characteristic of Infinite, Eric’s voice has been electronically distorted for the second verse, giving the singing a very inhuman quality. The sarcastically tender tones of earlier have melted away to become more fitting to the lyrics; a frightening recreation of insanity’s embrace.

“You can’t find inspiration, you can’t find a shred of success
It really doesn’t matter, because you simply view the world differently
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder
If you’re scared of the silence, we’ll be there with comforting words
After all, you’ll never be alone

This is your statement; everything has it’s time
This is our statement; everything has it’s place”

Sleepyhead (Passion Pit cover)

“So, I, um… think this is our final song,” the drunken frontman said, “I mean, we would’ve played longer, but I just… can’t recite the alphabet right now. Wait, maybe I can. Let me try. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I-“

His rant was cut off by a rapid drum-snare by the increasingly annoyed Greg Oldson, prompting Eric to shut up. Resisting the urge to moon his drummer in front of the mass audience, he unstrapped his guitar, rather than his belt. Stepping down in front of the piano nested at the side of the stage, Eric began playing the opening melody to a stripped-down version of Passion Pit’s Sleepyhead. As the original song was too complex to perform without the little preparation they’d been given, not to mention Quillington’s current state of mind, a simpler arrangement was preferred.

Singing in an almost comical falsetto, Eric delivers one of the most bizarre vocal performances of his career. Drunk enough to have no self-awareness, he changes several words around to fit his drunken sense of humor, to the laughter and cheers of those in attendance;

"And you said, it was like fire around the brim
Burning solid, burning thin, the burning rim
Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes
You were my bitch at the end of this bed
I dragged you back to give me head
Some good head

They couldn’t think of something to say the day you burst
With all their lions and all their might, and all their thirst
They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin
Against the walls, against your rules, against your skin
My dick stretches down through the floor and out through the door
Of your eyes, begonia skies, like a sleepyhead
Sleepyhead"

Stepping away from the piano, Eric takes several bows, nearly falling over with each one. Taking matters into his own hands, Greg leaps from his drumset and grabs Quillington before he can embarrass himself any further. Dragging his band-mate by his shirt, he motions for Matt Roberts to follow him. The aggravated mood from the drummer hasn’t been brought-over to the audience. Most who saw the performance were thoroughly entertained by Quillington’s behavior, and were sure to remember this unique live show for a long time to come. Plus, a new Infinite song was always regarded as a good thing by the band's fans.

Still, Infinite wasn’t the sole attraction; the main headliner of the evening was to perform next. A palpable sense of excitement is in the air as the audience gleefully chants out her name;

“Miss Vanity! Miss Vanity! Miss Vanity!”

AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#39 Posted : 13 June 2011 03:22:26(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
UserPostedImage

The video starts with two girls having an angry conversation with their boyfriends after finding out that their boyfriends are cheating on them. On one half of the screen a beautiful girl with long black hair, is seen breaking up with her boyfriend. While the other half shows another pretty girl with long brown hair, breaking up with her boyfriend as well.

In the next scene Dominic & Hayden are seen watching the girls as they are standing off to the side sad and crying.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The scene switches to Dominic walking over to his girl by a waterfall, while Hayden is comforting his girl

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Once he gets to her, he stares into her beautiful eyes and touches her face. The music begins and the scene changes to a brighter one with him speaking to her.

UserPostedImage

Girl I know you've been hurting
Cus them other guys don't treat you right
I wanna be the one to make it alright
And I know it’s been a long time coming
But I finally made it
So listen to what I'm about to say

Dominic is then seen dancing by himself as he sings the first verse.

Them other dudes had you crying
I bet you feel like your dying
But baby a real man is here
And I promise to always be near

UserPostedImage

He makes his way back over to the girl to dance with her as he sings the bridge verse.

Our love is burnin
My touch you'll be yearnin
Don't you worry about a thing
Because I have arrived!

UserPostedImage

As the chorus approaches Dominic joins some dancers while he sings the chorus.

No more shedding your tears
No more struggling with fears
Cus I have arrived, yeah I have arrived
I'm always gonna be there
I'll always show you I care
now that I've arrived, yeah I have arrived.
[2x]

UserPostedImage

Hayden is seen playing his guitar as he joins Dominic on the chorus.

UserPostedImage

In the next scene, he sits down next to her and sings the second verse.

Don't you worry about a thing girl,
I'll be the man that you always dreamed of
It'll be us against the world,
And we'll show them how to really love
I know you think that I'm just playin
But baby listen to the words that I'm sayin

UserPostedImage

Hayden and his girl are on the beach holding hands, as he sings the bride.

Our love is burnin
My touch you'll be yearnin
Don't you worry about a thing
Because I have arrived!

UserPostedImage

As the chorus comes up again, Dominic is seen dancing with some dancers.

No more shedding your tears
No more struggling with fears
Cus I haved arrived, yeah I have arrived
I'm always gonna be there
I'll always show you I care
now that i've arrived, yeah I have arrived.
[2x]

UserPostedImage

After the chorus is done, Dominic leans in to kiss his girl, while Hayden is harmonizing as the music fades out.

ooooooooooh yeaaaah
whoooa yeah
I have arrived baby.

Edited by user 13 June 2011 03:41:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#40 Posted : 13 June 2011 03:30:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Goodbye Video

The video starts out with Hannah and two other girls dancing. Hannah starts singing the first verse and then the scene switches to her in front of a white background.

[Verse 1]
You betrayed me,
I heard you lie,
You broke my heart,
And made me cry,
I had loved you,
With all my heart,
But you cared not,
Right from the start.

The scene switches to Hannah singing the pre-chorus while she is in front of the white background again.

UserPostedImage

[Pre-Chorus]
But I forgave,
Tried to forget,
Believed my love,
Was all forfeit,
I healed my heart,
As best I could,
Gave up on you,
I knew I should.

[Chorus]
So say goodbye
Goodbye to me
Its over now
Why can’t you see?
You had it all
Right from the start
You played the fool
And lost my heart
Goodbye (x7)

Hannah is seen with a guy and he's trying to talk to her but she keeps singing the second verse. He keeps trying to hold onto her but she keeps breaking free of him. As she does that, her friends start to dance with her while she's singing the chorus and the scene changes to her in a different outfit with the same white background.

[Verse 2]
You tell my friends,
That you love me,
And now I write,
This song to you,
I don't know if,
You're true or not,
Can't trust your word,
With what I've got.

[Pre-Chorus]
But I forgave,
Tried to forget,
Believed my love,
Was all forfeit,
I healed my heart,
As best I could,
Gave up on you,
I knew I should.

UserPostedImage

[Chorus]
So say goodbye
Goodbye to me
Its over now
Why can’t you see?
You had it all
Right from the start
You played the fool
And lost my heart
Goodbye (x7)

The scene changes to Hannah alone in her room on the carpet singing the bridge. She seems to be thinking about what the guy said to her and thinking if she should go back to him.

[Bridge]
I fell in love,
With someone new,
Felt happier,
Than I ever do,
Then you appear,
Back in my life,
I got confused,
So full of strife! (Yeah)
La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La (La, La) x2

UserPostedImage

You may be true,
Or you may lie,
But truth remains,
I'll say goodbye.
La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La (La, La) x2

UserPostedImage

Hannah then is seen outside with her friends again with a new outfit on and they are dancing. Hannah's ex is seen watching her and she stops and stares at him while she sings the chorus.

[Chorus]
So say goodbye
Goodbye to me
Its over now
Why can’t you see?
You had it all
Right from the start
You played the fool
And lost my heart (x2)
Goodbye (x7)

UserPostedImage
Hannah then winks and runs away from him. Later that night, Hannah is seen at his apartment, sitting on his couch. He thinks that she's coming back to him but she smirks then gets up and leaves as if to say 'Look what you're missing.'

UserPostedImage

The words, 'Later That Night', appear on the screen and Hannah is seen with a new guy about to kiss him.

UserPostedImage

The last scene, Hannah is back in front of the white background and she whispers the last line while turning to walk away.

UserPostedImage

Goodbye.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar