logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<335336337338339>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6721 Posted : 05 October 2011 06:26:12(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I was shocked to see that Oli Sykes (Frontman of Bring Me The Horizon) was attacked on stage at a show in Salt Lake City last night. From what i can gather, some kids were throwing objects and bottles about the crowd and Oli went over to confront them, when he did they tried pulling him into the crowd. Oli then retaliated by lifting the bands bottles of water and pouring them over the kids that were causing disruption. He then told them to "fuck off" or address him on stage personally, which unfortunately for him, they did. A few kdis got up and a huge scrap started on stage at the show, crazy.

According to Oli, the kids who started the brawl then ran aggressively to the door where they broke a young girls jaw, on their way out.

As much as Oli Sykes is a twat at most times, why go to a concert to mess it up and then fight with a band you paid money to watch?

Here is a video of the events:

The fight starts at around 1:43.

Edited by user 05 October 2011 06:27:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6722 Posted : 05 October 2011 06:42:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
That is a fucking disgrace. How would they like it if Sykes turned up at their work and started shit? People think because someone is in the public eye they can treat them how they like.
Oli Sykes may act the wanker 97% of the time, but it's most likely an act for his stage persona...and these idiots took it too far.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6723 Posted : 05 October 2011 06:45:44(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Exactly. It is a disgrace to see that people have fucked a show for everyone else that paid money to attend. Of course yes, Oli as you said does act a wanker whilst on stage but that as un-called for.

The guys that did it are stupid too, they are writing on the bands facebook telling them to come back so they can see who the tough guy is. How dumb, all BMTH has to do is report the names to the police.

They are expected to announce soon that they will not play in Salt Lake City ever again.
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6724 Posted : 05 October 2011 06:49:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
If I was them I wouldn't play there again either.
It could have ended so much worse, and they're lucky that it didn't tbh.

On another note...where did Oli get the pseudo American twang from. That is not a Sheffield accent lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6725 Posted : 05 October 2011 06:57:15(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Yeah i know, he has changed accent miraculously lol.

This video tells the story better. As thought Oli was acting a prick, although he did the right thing stopping the set or that young girl could of gotten seriously hurt.

Watch from 01:38 on, he stops the song to tell the kids that are fighting to get out. What a crazy show.
retired x
Offline old.gregg  
#6726 Posted : 06 October 2011 04:53:08(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm still alive! I'm reaaaallly busy at the moment, but hopefully I'll have more free time soon and can rejoin the forum properly, but for now, just checking in to say hello to everyone :)
-
Offline Gildermershina  
#6727 Posted : 06 October 2011 07:15:12(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Oli Sykes is a dick. Somebody should punch him in the face. Every time he opens his fucking mouth.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6728 Posted : 06 October 2011 07:23:28(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Oli Sykes is a dick. Somebody should punch him in the face. Every time he opens his fucking mouth.

Whilst i agree he is a prick at the best of times and often provokes a smackin', the people who went to this show didn't deserve this. The gig was cut short even though the band came back out. And, if what Oli is saying is correct, i respect him.
retired x
Offline Gildermershina  
#6729 Posted : 06 October 2011 08:41:08(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post

Whilst i agree he is a prick at the best of times and often provokes a smackin', the people who went to this show didn't deserve this. The gig was cut short even though the band came back out. And, if what Oli is saying is correct, i respect him.

I don't know what happened in this incident, and I am not going to watch the video. However, I know enough about Oli Sykes to know that he deserves to be punched. Rock stars are mostly all assholes to some degree, but to me he's in a band that nobody should really give a fuck about, while acting like he's the most important guy in the industry.

Contrary to popular opinion, being in a band does not entitle you to be an asshole. Throwing TVs out of windows, driving cars into swimming pools, wanton sex with minors... People talk about how great Keith Moon was because he lived life on the edge. Keith Moon was a fucking child who never grew up. He got away with it because it was the 1970s, like every band in the 1970s, management was making a fortune off them and keeping them too drugged up to notice. That shit should not be a role model to anyone.

Not that Oli Sykes is Keith Moon... More like Timmy Mallett.

Edited by user 06 October 2011 08:42:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6730 Posted : 11 October 2011 06:25:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Sad that I haven't got time to be on here much, but things are going extremely well for me. My professors are nice and I'm very happy to finally be in school again, whoop whoop :)
Offline asdf  
#6731 Posted : 12 October 2011 00:08:45(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I've just had a great idea for a video series. I need to get Shelby to agree to help me, and I need to get a new video camera first, but if I can get everything together I really think I could do a great job at it. I feel I could really kick the shit out of the acting in it. :)

It would see me playing Death. After ending someones life I run into Shelby, but to my amazement she lives. I know that this is a sign that my time as the reaper is finally coming to an end. I slowly bring her into what being Death is, and the horrible things it pertains too. Finally, she takes the black jacket from my back and ends my suffering.

I have this image of a scene in the cemetery down the road from my house where I would have my break down moment, and just thinking about it makes me cry. God, I need a camera and some actors asap. lol
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6732 Posted : 12 October 2011 09:19:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post
I've just had a great idea for a video series. I need to get Shelby to agree to help me, and I need to get a new video camera first, but if I can get everything together I really think I could do a great job at it. I feel I could really kick the shit out of the acting in it. :)

It would see me playing Death. After ending someones life I run into Shelby, but to my amazement she lives. I know that this is a sign that my time as the reaper is finally coming to an end. I slowly bring her into what being Death is, and the horrible things it pertains too. Finally, she takes the black jacket from my back and ends my suffering.

I have this image of a scene in the cemetery down the road from my house where I would have my break down moment, and just thinking about it makes me cry. God, I need a camera and some actors asap. lol

haha good luck, The hotel room from my hotel in Georgia was in front of a cemetery. So I did something similar lol
Offline Raphaela  
#6733 Posted : 12 October 2011 11:41:01(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I never thought I'd get such awesome insects for my insect house!

UserPostedImage

And I have some awesome blue and green fireflies to put there!
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline asdf  
#6734 Posted : 12 October 2011 21:13:47(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post

haha good luck, The hotel room from my hotel in Georgia was in front of a cemetery. So I did something similar lol

You just have to make movies about death when your near a cemetery. Its mandatory. lol
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
thanks 1 user thanked asdf for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 13/10/2011(UTC)
Offline Raphaela  
#6735 Posted : 13 October 2011 07:54:03(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

I own:

Offline DistortedAudio  
#6736 Posted : 13 October 2011 08:13:11(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Been listening to way too much Steve Albini, to the point whereas I was in class today and I started listening to Big Black then Shellac. Everything was cool and then I got a sudden intense urge to complete the cycle, with Rapeman naturally.

"What the fuck is Rapeman?"

"Noise for the sake of noise."

"So a rapist?"
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Raphaela  
#6737 Posted : 14 October 2011 06:50:03(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

SO. MUCH. PAIN.
I own:

Offline Gildermershina  
#6738 Posted : 14 October 2011 08:24:57(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Man. This this girl at work. And I accidentally kind of like her, and I know will never do anything about it and that makes me sad. Hooray for me!
Offline Marksy  
#6739 Posted : 21 October 2011 00:58:12(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Saw Enter Shikari last night, which was good (yet not as good as the previous times I've seen them) and it appears that I've gained tonsillitis, brilliant!
Offline Gildermershina  
#6740 Posted : 21 October 2011 09:18:35(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

First, I shave my beard really short and get my hair cut real short. Then I went out with some work friends this evening, drank a coke, had a fun time. Then I agreed to play badminton with them next week, which I have not played in literally ten years, and was shit at the time.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME.