logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mckenzie-  
#181 Posted : 26 April 2012 07:51:45(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: Im in awe of your talents and jealous of your songwriting ability, along with Ms Coyle's. We had the same problem with our debut, it was a bit all over the place for our liking. We did collectively listen to your debut and loved it! We were all immersed by your music and fell in love with your sad songs, where you provided us with enough ammunition! But back onto this song, the lyrics are so raw and emotionally driven. Excuse me for saying this, but if you and Hernandez ever make a young one together, he/she will be one hell of a talent.

Edited by user 26 April 2012 08:08:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 26/04/2012(UTC)
Offline deadserious  
#182 Posted : 26 April 2012 08:14:06(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
Naomi: Great song, the lyrics are really well written. The growth from the last album is apparent. Good job on this.
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
thanks 1 user thanked deadserious for this useful post.
Offline PANIC!  
#183 Posted : 26 April 2012 08:44:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Why do the rest of us even try anymore?! I give up! I officially retire from ever making another record. A single woman cannot have this much talent inside her little frame. A songwriter cannot be that catchy and still have artistic integrity, but somehow she's done it. Maybe we should make a love child so we can just live off him or her by the time their like seven years old. I too will pin this as my favorite Nadia Berry tune, because of the guitar playing from her. I can't begin to express how proud I am of her for finally going on tape and recording something on guitar. It's simple, but it's a start and I'm as proud as one inappropriate teacher can be.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#184 Posted : 21 May 2012 03:27:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 20 December 2013 03:53:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 8 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/05/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/05/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 21/05/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 21/05/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 21/05/2012(UTC), FiveT on 23/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 23/05/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/05/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#185 Posted : 29 May 2012 08:28:10(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

"RECORDS ON" (FEATURING ISAAC LOVELOCK) PREMIERE
UserPostedImage

The revamped version of "Records On" features Isaac Lovelock who seems to be taking the industry by storm with many features as of late. The new version sees Nadia go in a more urban route in sound, infusing electronic and hip-hop influences into the track, compared to the more indie-pop guitar-led original. The original "Records On" proved higly popular, reaching number one on the airplay charts, and topping the digital charts for two consecutive weeks. The song is now considered one of Nadia's most successful to date, and one of her signature songs as a solo artist.

Similar to the original, the track opens with a crackling vinyl sound, before moving into a dreamy synth-led introduction. A hard-hitting hip-hop beat follows with slight electronic influences, Isaac presents his verse in a casual, effective tone, his delivery of the lyrics quickening as he reaches the end of the verse. The song then moves straight into the first chorus over a dominant drum beat, supported by all new recorded vocals by Nadia herself throughout the song, as she delivers them in a slightly more feisty, powerful way.

Before the final chorus, a new verse from Nadia is also heard, but if you were hoping the GirlSpice songstress was going to take a shot at rap herself, you may be disappointed. Although for the verse, the dominant beat fades out and leaves those same melodic synths heard during the song's opening, Nadia sounding her most passionate in her singing at this point, before moving into a final chorus containing full on, strong ad-libs in the background.

"It was a pleasure to work with Isaac for the revamped 'Records On' and I couldn't have been more happy with the whole process. It was definitely a risk that I think paid off, and whether or not people warm to it, I'm still glad we took the time to create this version that'll appear on the standard version of Hera. I contacted Isaac a while ago, as I was definitely impressed from what I had heard from him so far, and I was just up for experimenting and trying something a little different. He agreed to jump on the track, and it all came to this point really quickly, so I'd like to say a big thank you to him for taking the effort to write his amazing verse, it's much appreciated and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. I hope everyone enjoys this new version."

"Records On" (featuring Isaac Lovelock)
(N. Berry, I. Lovelock)

Nadia
Isaac

OK, draw the curtains a bit tighter, still not used to these Montreal nights
I’m for late starts and late finishes, five-course meals under North Dakota candle-light
Get in the mood, I throw down vinyl, you know where this’ heading
You leave the room, I put on the Redding
And then we can get back together, and Try A Little Tenderness
I’d say you’re the one for me, but I’m not for that artificial bliss
Yeah, at this rate, you can call me Barney Stinson
Isaac Lovelock, Nadia Berry, when we finish you’ll be wishin’
That this shit was permanent, but it’s fleeting
And if it was going any longer, this shit would be beyond your seating

Curtains drawn, your favourite records on
My head on your chest as we sing along
Falling asleep until early afternoon
Waking up and singing the same old tune
Lower your head and whisper in my ear
The only two things I forever wanna hear
Tell me you love me at the end of this song

Once we close the door and shut out the world
Heaven is a place that we both soon find
Wrap me in your arms so tight
Boy, go and put your records on
At the loudest possible volume
We'll sing your favourite songs all night
That's when I know everything's gonna be alright

Your vinyl collection, my new obsession
Drop the needle and we'll lay there in ecstasy
We'll lay there in ecstasy, just you and me

Lying on your bed and forgetting about anyone else
Paradise is so easy to find
You hold me close and close your eyes
I said boy, go and put your records on
I love 'em just as much as you
Close to you, I laid there and cried
Thinking about all the good times and how time flies
All the good times we had to your favourite songs

Drop the needle and we'll lay there in ecstasy
We'll lay there in ecstasy, just you and me

All these love songs you play
And I'm thinking ahead of today
Wondering what new memories we'll make
What tomorrow will bring when we next wake
Ooh, put your records on, boy
Let's make 'em the soundtrack to our wonderful life

Long nights with your records on repeat, burning out that vinyl
I worship you and your songs, baby, you can be my bible
Now hold me tight as if the world's gonna fall apart
And when the song's over, we'll put it right back to the start
Cause I don't want this moment to ever draw to an end, oh no
Drop the needle one more time and baby, we'll take it slow

Available to download from next week.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/05/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 29/05/2012(UTC), genocidal king on 29/05/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 29/05/2012(UTC), Moquel on 29/05/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 30/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#186 Posted : 29 May 2012 08:35:54(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Awww this is so different. Sounds nice. I prefer the original because I'm a bit too uncool for rap music...but I still really like this. Its really catchy and stuff. You always win Nads lol.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 29/05/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 29/05/2012(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#187 Posted : 29 May 2012 08:46:09(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan: I dig it. As everyone knows, I love rap yo. I'm very big in the rap community. They all bopping their heads to my new album right now. I guess the word is killed it, Lovelock killed it, hippity hop. Although I'm disappointed my girl Berry yogurt didn't drop a sick rap verse. I guess she didn't wanna outshine the real rapper.
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 29/05/2012(UTC), Moquel on 29/05/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 29/05/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#188 Posted : 29 May 2012 08:50:01(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Nadia: I left the rap to the pro! But don't count me out yet, I may attempt it and embarrass myself in the future. Thanks you two. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 29/05/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#189 Posted : 29 May 2012 14:07:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: This is why I love collaborations; the magic that can possibly be made. I thought the original version was great but Isaac seemed to be like hot sauce and added an extra kick to it! Lol :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 29/05/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 30/05/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#190 Posted : 30 May 2012 07:45:12(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

NME REVIEW HERA
UserPostedImage

Nadia Berry is back with her fifth solo studio album Hera, and the 27 year old "Records On" singer certainly delivers. Nadia won a great deal of fans with her last award-winning album Open Heart Surgery, a more indie-rock dominated album that dealt with her past and present troubles, but it seems that Nadia has moved on from all of that now, and is ready to showcase to the world she's not as depressed as you may have originally thought.

Kicking off the album with the haunting "Teenage Tragedy", Nadia puts her stunning falsetto voice to good use over an electro-tinged ballad, featuring eerie, echoed vocals that certainly make for a memorable album opener. It may not be the very best song to kick the album off with, but it most definitely leaves a lasting impression. Elsewhere, Nadia sounds young and free on vibrant, uptempo tracks "Drunk" and "Bikinis and Martinis". The former takes a light-hearted jab at her drunken mistakes, while the summery latter simply tells the tale of a holiday love story.

The 80's-tinged "Runaway" wasn't to our tastes, featuring a sickly sweet synth-pop production that could either prove infectious to some, or simply too light and unmemorable to others. "Glue & Glitter" sounds simply like a part two, except with a more modernised, harder hitting beat, but it's still not as impressive as the first few opening tracks to the record.

Elsewhere, Nadia takes on the role of a brokenhearted murderer on "Hands Up (Shot the Sheriff)", it's a little quirky, but definitely serves as one of the most original tracks on the record. On following track "Distance", Nadia's vocals are at their most emotional and vulnerable over a chilling, atmospheric beat. The song's subject is easy to guess from the title, lyrically dealing with long-distance relationships. "The extremes that I'd go to just to get what I want / Yeah, you'd say I'm out of my mind if I told you" she croons, and she most definitely does sound out of her mind throughout the majority of the track. Perhaps even a little sexually frustrated, if Nadia wants to carry on being called a nymphomaniac, she's going about it the right way.

Lower down on the record, the anthemic "We'll Break Time" blends synth-pop and rock perfectly together, building in sound as Nadia's vocals soar over the track. It's uplifting, cute and the ultimate love song on the album, but instead of a mushy sound, it's powerful and packs a mighty punch, and would make for a perfect second single. On final track "Waiting Game", Nadia is at her most artistic, backed by nothing but slow, relaxed guitar strumming by herself, as she sings about the wait we all have to find perfection in our lives. It's soothing, beautiful and a perfect end to an eclectic record.

Overall, if you're more into the alternative/rock sound Nadia has taken in the past, you may be a tad disappointed to find very little here. Although the catchy hooks and melodic sounds this time round prove much more catchy in comparison to her previous record, and make for an enjoyable summer listen.

7/10

Hera drops in stores 11th June.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
PANIC! on 30/05/2012(UTC), genocidal king on 30/05/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 30/05/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2012(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#191 Posted : 30 May 2012 08:15:02(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan: Reading this review gets me excited to listen to this new record of yours. I can already tell some of the songs that I will be jamming to when I workout. That's what I do, I workout while Nadia Berry serenades me through my headphones. Although I must admit for a second there I thought "Hands Up" was going to be a modern day take of Eric Clapton cover of Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff", one of the best blues songs of all time. NME, I give you props for using the term "nymphomaniac", in a album review.
UserPostedImage
GirlSpice on 30/05/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#192 Posted : 02 June 2012 05:52:49(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
"TEENAGE TRAGEDY" ARTWORK REVEALED
Nadia Berry revealed the artwork to her second single "Teenage Tragedy" a short while ago over Twitter, take a look below! The single is set to premiere this weekend and is taken from her upcoming fifth solo album Hera.
UserPostedImage

"The cuts are best when they're deepest
I'm drinking wine, but only the cheapest..."

ALBUM CLIPS
30 second clips from the standard edition of Hera will be available to listen to on NadiaBerry.com from Monday. Hera is available in stores from 11th June in the UK, and the following day in the US.

"RECORDS ON" VIDEO DATE
The anticipated video for Nadia's #1 single "Records On" is set to drop next week. Keep checking back as always to NadiaBerry.com for the world premiere.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#193 Posted : 03 June 2012 05:48:25(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

"TEENAGE TRAGEDY" PREMIERE
UserPostedImage

The first track on Hera and the second single to be lifted from the album is a track that Nadia names "one of her favourites on the record", titled "Teenage Tragedy". Sound wise, it's a lot more simple and stripped back compared to the majority of the record, taking a slightly indie-pop sound and mixing it with electro for a moody, but appropriate sound to suit the lyrics that tell the tale of a young teen with a wreck of a lifestyle. Nadia's delicate, yet haunting falsetto vocals flow perfectly over the gloomy verses, opening with "Say tonight's the night I drown to death / It'll either be by these tears of from all the alcohol". Soon after, heavy synths quickly swoop in for the chorus, Nadia's vocals becoming more dominant over the beat and more powerful. It may not be your typical upbeat, fun album opener to introduce the record, but it certainly leaves a lasting impression by the end of it.

Nadia: "Kicking off the album is 'Teenage Tragedy', a track that I wrote back in April, so it wasn't too long ago really. It was one of the final songs that I wrote for Hera, so I'm definitely glad I continued writing for the record, otherwise I wouldn't have this great song that I'm immensely proud of. It's an atmospheric, mid-tempo track, designed to suit the most outrageous, hot mess of a teenager. I can confirm that this song is not based on the teenage version of myself, I was a fairly quiet teen, I did pretty well at school, and I stayed out of trouble... ask my parents! I was most definitely a good girl. I just felt like writing a rebellious track one night and decided to put myself in the place of a clueless teen. It doesn't sound it sonically, but it's a fun track that I enjoyed writing, and I finished it all in around twenty minutes. I love tracks where the lyrics just flow out of you so easily, and this was one of the songs. I'm most certainly happy with the end result, and I hope you all enjoy the new single! Stay out of trouble, kids... there's a reason why condoms were invented."

SOUNDS SIMILAR TO:

"Teenage Tragedy"
(N. Berry)

Say tonight's the night I drown to death
It'll either be by these tears of from all the alcohol
Smudged mascara and a pocket full of meth
When I was five years old, they say I looked like a doll
I know what my family think, whatever happened?
I'm regretting the loss of my virginity
And it wasn't even as good as I imagined
Now I'm left without any dignity
And I'm pretending I don't care what you think of me

I'm doing anything I can to impress those on the streets
On a cold pavement, I'm crying myself to sleep
I'll pretend that I love the freedom, wind in my hair
Deep down, I'm mentally stabbing myself and saying life isn't fair
And still, I'm gonna tell you that I really don't care

The cuts are best when they're deepest
I'm drinking wine, but only the cheapest
I'm smoking cigarettes with the boys
Not so sweet sixteen, playing with unprotected toys
Got a guys name I've known for a week tattooed on my skin
Piercings everywhere, and I'm throwing up to be thin
Don't call me vulnerable, I'll never admit
That I'm a teenage tragedy with a lifestyle I can't quit

Say tonight's the night that I overdose
I've taken so many pills, I can't even keep count
Just for a laugh, but I don't really care if it leaves me comatose
As long as I stop hurting, I don't care about daily dosage amounts
Think I'm indestructible, but if I'm gonna die, then it may as well be now
Cause I haven't got much going for me
Whatever happened? Don't ask why and don't ask how
Don't question the things that were always meant to be
I'm a living mess, self made to be a living wreck
I may be sixteen, but I feel I've lost so many years of my life
But I'm making up for it, watch me throw vodka down my neck
Boyfriend of one week, we'll forever be hubby and wife

I'm doing anything I can to impress those on the streets
On a cold pavement, I'm crying myself to sleep
I'll pretend that I love the freedom, wind in my hair
Deep down, I'm mentally stabbing myself and saying life isn't fair
And still, I'm gonna tell you that I really don't care

Oh, what a disappointment that I turned out to be
Don't you wish you put me up for adoption years ago?
Find a way to block out the disappointments in your life and be free
Oh, if only you knew, but I guess now you know
That I was just one big mistake
Once an angel, and now I fell
I'm just one big headache
Made out of love, sent up from hell

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 03/06/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/06/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 03/06/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/06/2012(UTC), FiveT on 03/06/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 04/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#194 Posted : 03 June 2012 05:58:56(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: Only Nadya could write overdramatic teenage drama songs, I simply loved that chorus, is innocent but dark in the same way.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 03/06/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#195 Posted : 03 June 2012 06:13:22(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Amy: Wow!, if these first two singles are any indication of how the rest of the album will shape up to be like then I don't think I could ever find myself listening to another record for a long long time. This song particularly is amazing. I love the dark nature of the song and your voice on it is perfect too, your way too incredible and unstoppable right now Nadia, it's not fair on the rest of us :( lol

OOC: Those lyrics are brilliant as always, maybe your some sort of songwriting robot or something, because if you were human you should have run out of creativity by now or perhaps your just really good lol either way, great job :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline PANIC!  
#196 Posted : 03 June 2012 08:38:41(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan: Did the spirits of all the greats before us enter your body somehow? These songs you're putting out again and again are too good. You are an anomaly and I think most people would agree.

OOC: No matter for which of your characters you're writing for, they always make for the best lyrics I read on these forums. Splendid work, yet again! :)
UserPostedImage
Offline FiveT  
#197 Posted : 03 June 2012 08:46:44(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Tanya (Teen Titans): In love with it Nadia!

Martina (Teen Titans): This is truly amazing. Some parts of the lyrics made me think a lot about my past and combined to that sound, I think I was about to cry. Thanks for making this song I'd say. (:

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#198 Posted : 03 June 2012 18:51:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: As I always say, totally jealous. That is fantastic as always. Absolutely brilliant lyrics, and you are easily the best at writing them around here. :)

Gemma: Wow I love this song. I think whenever a girl band splits there is always some consternation over whether the individual members will be able to survive in the world of a solo career. However, you totally blew that away. This is fantastic. Just like everything you do. You are an absolute maestro.
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#199 Posted : 03 June 2012 18:51:28(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: As I always say, totally jealous. That is fantastic as always. Absolutely brilliant lyrics, and you are easily the best at writing them around here. :)

Gemma: Wow I love this song. I think whenever a girl band splits there is always some consternation over whether the individual members will be able to survive in the world of a solo career. However, you totally blew that away. This is fantastic. Just like everything you do. You are an absolute maestro.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#200 Posted : 04 June 2012 00:41:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Really great lyrics.

Isabel: This song is definitely one of your best. The beat and lyrics, just everything is loveable with this single.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar