logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#121 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:22:05(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
"I'm putting that on the back of my autobiography as a quote - "Kellin is the coolest" - Val Hart," he laughs. Kellin always loved how much Val was like him, and how laid back and cool she was. It meant he could be himself and he knew that Val would never judge him just for being him. "Yeah I've never been a cat dude either. I forgot you had rats. It's such a cool pet. I've never touched one though," he laughs. To most people, Val and Kellin stood there just holding hands would seem a bit slow paced, but it was ultimately really cute the way they were just feeling each other out and learning as they went. Because they were both a little geeky, their expression of feelings was always going to be a little different after all. "Well hey, listen if you want to cry tears of joy, I won't judge. After all you did win big tonight. I'll be a shoulder for you to cry on," he says with a little chuckle. Then, when Val says she likes him and starts to sing, Kellin chuckles with her. It was so cute, as she always was, and he loved it. "I really like you too, Val," he says to her as he squeezes her hand a little again, trying, in a brave twist for himself, to lay it out there.

"Cool, and my claim to fame is playing Kellin from Juneau's 3DS," Val nudges him and winks. Her and Kellin really were a unique pair, but that's what fueled their chemistry and helped them to click so much. "They're awesome pets... kinda grew up with them all my life. I'll let you touch Wonder and Dreamer one day, they're sassy ladies, so I dunno if you can handle em," she giggles. Most people would have been more open at this stage, but Val liked the slow pace her and Kellin were taking things. It had been months since they first met and nothing had really happened since between them, but she loved the idea of getting to know someone before really letting her guard down, starting to feel she was moving to that stage with Kellin. "I wish we could, like... I dunno... be more close in a sense. Tour life has its suckish moments," she pouts, squeezing his hand again. Anyone around them could see they were into each other, it was just them that had to face up to it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Famouss7x7  
#122 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:22:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Erica claps enthusiastically "damn,someone out there MUST really like you guys. an awards show,AND performers of the caliber we've had tonight? if you guys ever contemplated suicide,you may as well go ahead after this show. it aint going to get any better." she laughs as the joke goes over like a turd in a punchbowl. "oh lighten up,its not im actually advocating suicide." she says with a roll over her eyes and smile."up next is an award that im clearly not going to win now!" erica sticks out her tongue and gives a short giggle. " what makes the fans choice awards special is you guys." erica says seriously,while pointing out to the audience and camera. "our final award goes to the person or act that YOU guys voted as fan favorite. its one of my favorite awards,actually. to win this,you have to be the entire package: the music,the looks,the personality. everything. this award cant be "worked at". you either have it,or you dont. so with great pleasure,your 2015 fan choice award nominees for fan favorite are......"

SYNCO
Weekend
Reported Failure
Austin Nimmo
Isabel
Dominic Brown

erica runs her fingers over the envelope sadly. "my last award to present." she lets out a little sigh and actually wipes away a little tear. she nearly opens the envelope and goes to toss it over her shoulder. she stops to think better of it. then she folds it and holds it in her hand. erica reads the answer and then nods. " the fan favorite is

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 03/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/08/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/08/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 03/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/08/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#123 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:28:00(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
The girls each stand up Layla, Nicole and even the "tough" "fierce" girl Alex immediately become teary eyed Naomi smiles like crazy and Jamie does the Nae Nae out of excitement as they go to accept their award #SameReactionDifferentClothes

UserPostedImage
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 03/08/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/08/2015(UTC), kandii on 03/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 03/08/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#124 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:28:20(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Val stands up, almost screaming with joy for her friend Layla and her group. "YES GIRLS!!! Slayco! Get em queens!" Val shouts out excitedly, clapping her hands. She looked like an obsessive supporter at a sports game, but Val was genuinely happy those closest to her were also having an equally great night.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/08/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#125 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:31:10(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
Billy listens to Jerry, not really knowing how to feel. He struggles to cope with his emotions at the best of times so with all of this going on and him not really knowing where he stands with Jerry right now, his head is like a ticking time bomb. However, Billy is doing surprisingly well as he tries to stay calm and collected. Jerry can probably sense that he's getting worked up though due to how clingy he's being and the nervousness which can be detected in his voice. "I got on at him for being sick earlier...I pushed him to perform. If I had just let him sit this one out..." Billy sighs and comes face to face with Jerry, giving him eye contact for the first time in a long while. "Please stay at the hotel with me tonight. I really don't want to be alone after all this."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline Famouss7x7  
#126 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:36:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Austin jumps up, clapping for SYNCO when they are announced as winners! " ALL HAIL SYNCO!" Austin jokingly screams out as they go to accept their award
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/08/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#127 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:39:13(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Posted it before I was finished typing lol. Bloody phone.

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
"Cool, and my claim to fame is playing Kellin from Juneau's 3DS," Val nudges him and winks. Her and Kellin really were a unique pair, but that's what fueled their chemistry and helped them to click so much. "They're awesome pets... kinda grew up with them all my life. I'll let you touch Wonder and Dreamer one day, they're sassy ladies, so I dunno if you can handle em," she giggles. Most people would have been more open at this stage, but Val liked the slow pace her and Kellin were taking things. It had been months since they first met and nothing had really happened since between them, but she loved the idea of getting to know someone before really letting her guard down, starting to feel she was moving to that stage with Kellin. "I wish we could, like... I dunno... be more close in a sense. Tour life has its suckish moments," she pouts, squeezing his hand again. Anyone around them could see they were into each other, it was just them that had to face up to it.

"Well it is a pretty cool 3DS. Just wait until that Juneau sticker on the top blows your socks off," he says with a smirk and then a laugh. "I only ever knew one person who had rats, aside from you. I heard they're like up there with dogs as the most affectionate to their owners." When she says she'll let Kellin hold the rats, he looks a little nervous. "As long as you promise they won't bite," he says, raising an eyebrow. Their slow approach to each other was different, sure, but for the two of them it had been a nice learning process to get to know each other by just hanging out with no pressure. It made Kellin feel like it was more real when he realised he liked her. When Val pouts about how far apart they were, Kellin nods, knowing exactly how it was. But at the same time, he didn't want to give up a chance of something that might be wonderful for them. "I know...yeah it's the hard part of what we do....but..." he says nervously, "if, like...if it was something you wanted to try, we could always make an effort to see each other more, you know?" he said, giving her hand a nervous squeeze and hoping he wasn't going too far or too soon with what he was saying. A couple of people around were looking at the two of them and smiling. It was cute the way they were with each other and it was starting to attract a little bit of attention, even though kellin hadn't noticed.
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#128 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:46:58(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy listens to Jerry, not really knowing how to feel. He struggles to cope with his emotions at the best of times so with all of this going on and him not really knowing where he stands with Jerry right now, his head is like a ticking time bomb. However, Billy is doing surprisingly well as he tries to stay calm and collected. Jerry can probably sense that he's getting worked up though due to how clingy he's being and the nervousness which can be detected in his voice. "I got on at him for being sick earlier...I pushed him to perform. If I had just let him sit this one out..." Billy sighs and comes face to face with Jerry, giving him eye contact for the first time in a long while. "Please stay at the hotel with me tonight. I really don't want to be alone after all this."

Jerry listens to Billy express himself. He understood how much guilt he must be feeling for pushing Riley to perform. Jerry nods taking in everything that Billy is taking in "Listen, let's not talk about what you should and shouldn't have done. It happened already and now whatever needs to be done now will be done, we have to be there for him. Try not to dwell on what did Billy. Don't beat yourself up." Jerry looks Billy in the eye as well, it's pretty heartbreaking the amount of time they've been away from eachother. Jerry smiles "Sure I'll stay with you at the hotel...."

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline GirlSpice  
#129 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:52:23(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

"Well it is a pretty cool 3DS. Just wait until that Juneau sticker on the top blows your socks off," he says with a smirk and then a laugh. "I only ever knew one person who had rats, aside from you. I heard they're like up there with dogs as the most affectionate to their owners." When she says she'll let Kellin hold the rats, he looks a little nervous. "As long as you promise they won't bite," he says, raising an eyebrow. Their slow approach to each other was different, sure, but for the two of them it had been a nice learning process to get to know each other by just hanging out with no pressure. It made Kellin feel like it was more real when he realised he liked her. When Val pouts about how far apart they were, Kellin nods, knowing exactly how it was. But at the same time, he didn't want to give up a chance of something that might be wonderful for them. "I know...yeah it's the hard part of what we do....but..." he says nervously, "if, like...if it was something you wanted to try, we could always make an effort to see each other more, you know?" he said, giving her hand a nervous squeeze and hoping he wasn't going too far or too soon with what he was saying. A couple of people around were looking at the two of them and smiling. It was cute the way they were with each other and it was starting to attract a little bit of attention, even though kellin hadn't noticed.

"Would it be wrong of me to steal the sticker? Oh shit, I just ruined my secret plan now," Val frowns and laughs. "A lot of people think I'm a complete freak for having pet rats, I'm glad you don't judge me. Yeah, they are! Super intelligent too, they're awesome and they won't bite you. I think they'd so dig you and your tattoos." Val was usually a lot more easygoing around guys, and she felt like she was when she first met Kellin, but the fact she had grown to like him so much only made her worry over whether he felt the same way. "Mhmm, it sucks. I've loved doing my own tour, but it's really made me realise that you can't just... get up and go anywhere you want, you've got a schedule to stick to, it's kinda restricting and lonely," she responds, shrugging her shoulders. "Of course I'd like to see you more, silly. I'd like that," she smiles, squeezing his hand back once again to show she was totally on the same wavelength as him. Val knew this wasn't the most private of places to be getting close to someone, and she knew media would pick up on them holding hands, but she was feeling the moment and didn't care what people had to say or who was watching.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Famouss7x7  
#130 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:58:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

After handing out the fan favorite award,erica leans on the podium. she uses both hands to prop her head up. "well guys. thats it. the last award. no more cute envelopes. no more speeches..from here on out,its just drink as much as you can before the open bar closes and hope to find that b list star who is drunk enough to sleep with you,but not to drunk to where you are akin to bill cosby. seriously,that shit isnt cool. dont do it." erica warns,wagging a finger. she then shrugs and motions for another drink. the audience chuckles at the winding down of the show. she takes the pins out of her hair and lets it fall onto her shoulders. she grins widely as the wolf whistles start. "oh hush,you. you'll have to fight serenity for me!" erica giggles and tosses a small ice cube towards serenity. "well. our headliner is next. this man is huge. well.....i wouldnt know about THAT! im talking about career wise. he flits in and out of our lives...and sometimes certain starlets!" erica giggles and looks out towards the audience. they know who she is looking for." but enough of all that. serenity,who is this titan of entertainment?"

Serenity smiles She raps her arm around her as they stand at the podium. "It certainly has been an amazing night and I am sooo happy that everyone came out here tonight and especially to the fans at home, we love you!" Serenity makes a heart with her hands "But before we go we have one more performer and then we can all go crazy at the afterpartayyyy!" Serenity laughs but then looks around the stage if they do not know what's going to happen next but Serenity smiles looking at Erica "I mean, don't we all love mysteries...Erica?" she grins and then looks at the audience "We surely have some time we were told to introduce to you a surprise performer tonight. He is huge...." Serenity winks and then grins she grins "OR NOT...." "We know you've been wondering all night who it is" She smiles "GIVE IT UP FOR..................RYAN ROSS HERNANDEZ!!" Serenity grabs Erica by the hand as she skips off to the back as the arena goes dim.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/08/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 03/08/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/08/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#131 Posted : 03 August 2015 10:04:08(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny was sitting quietly all night in his seat watching the show. He said Hi to some people and continued to enjoy the performances and the hosts. He was really excited because it was his first award ceremony.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#132 Posted : 03 August 2015 10:13:07(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Ryan Ross Hernandez Headlining the 5th Annual Fan Choice Awards

UserPostedImage
August 2nd, 2015 at the O2 Arena in London, England

Once he’s name is surprisingly introduced as the surprise headliner, sending a mixture of shock and excitement to the fans and peers at hand, the lights go out on stage, as a sparse sounding strum of an acoustic guitar fills the PA system through out the venue. The bare guitar intro lasts a good forty seconds or so before anything is heard, by then, a few low lights are shining, bringing sporadic parts of the stage to view while smoke raises across it to create an eery, somber visual to go along with the music currently heard. Finally, the lanky, tall-haired guitarist steps out from the shadows before the microphone, strumming the same chords on an oak wood-colored acoustic, his figure barely seen as the cameras zoom into his face. This is the first time in over three years that Ryan Ross Hernandez performs at an award ceremony, having not been on such a stage, since closing out the sixth Chaos Awards in June of 2012. On this occasion however, there is no oversized hat or denim jacket seen, as the 37-year-old premieres his new sonic direction that diverts away from the folk/Americana sound that shinned on throughout his two most recent releases. Instead, he is wearing a metallic navy blue blazer, decked with a bowtie and matching checkered pants. His famously recognizable baritone vocals are introduced to the foray in a very hushed fashion to match the mood that the instrumental had built up.

The misty-eyed boy you use to see is somewhere over the moon
He’s finally over you, breathing in a new air
Only hopeless romantics still love someone who is no longer around
And she’s never coming back again
It’s been over a year, it’s time to open the curtains
To this sad, lonely little story that is now the boy’s life
Seeing that bright light in someone else’s eyes, that only lovers carry
It just pisses him off and brings a violent ring to his ears
He never thought he’d grow to be the bitter man who lives in the past
Swimming in the pile of all his regrets

When the first verse is through, carried solely in the hands of Hernandez’ stripped-back guitar playing and his vocals, the riff kicks it up a notch as he strums at a faster, almost violent pace. At this point, the lights are shining brighter, giving the audience a better sight of the artist and the rest of the stage, while smoke continues waving through the scenery. With the clearer view, we see that Hernandez is not only on stage, just a few feet behind him to the side, we see three young women who start harmonizing along his vocals when the second verse kicks in quickly following the first, adding to the haunting effect that the song carries. An almost chilling vibe being created when its placed altogether.

Well surprise, surprise, I’m that misty-eyed boy you once loved
Living in the past, amongst all my regrets
I once saw you as the transcendency between who I've been and who I want to be
Sadly the bridge that led us to each other, slowly deteriorated until it crumbled
Below our feet, now I’m sinking under all this wreckage of what we were
And you cannot throw me a rope to save me from drowning
‘Cause you don’t allow yourself to be brought down in my misery

I don’t blame you, honey
Friends and lovers are all nice companions in the journey of living
But at the end of the day, when I’m laying down by myself
I only have myself to blame, you only have yourself to count on
So never give your love to somebody else, they’ll just use it before throwing it away
So never believe in spoken words, they disappear with the rest of the noise
So never buy into the notion that things will ever change ‘cause they never do
Just drink up, drink up, ’til there’s nothing left in your glass
Just drink up, drink up, ’til there’s nothing left in your glass

The lights are finally shining to their fullest extent when the quick verse is through, showing a large string orchestra playing along with the sole acoustic guitar riff that has led the musical structure of the entire song to this moment. Hernandez backs away from the microphone, strumming away intensely still, the camera focusing on his face, his eyes closed and biting his bottom lip, while he played the living hell out of his guitar. Just a few seconds later as your ears becoming accustom to the string section, an all-female choir is revealed at the last part of the stage that was still in the dark. Led by the three ladies who sang alongside Ryan just a minute ago, an ocean of beautifully sung “ah’s” come your way over the fury guitar and Without any warning, the extended outro to the percussion-less song comes to an end. The guitar, strings, and vocal harmonies all come to end simultaneously, not even a half-second off leaving the crowd at the peak of the mountain.

UserPostedImage

“Thank you,” the singer says quietly when he returns to the mic, removing one of his earpieces, while the audience applauds his performance thus far. A guitar technician quickly runs out, taking the PRS acoustic guitar from Hernandez and handing him a pink-colored Jackson soloist electric guitar. “This next one isn’t one of mine,” he starts to say while running a hand through his slicked up hair while looking out at the audience in front of him, “it’s a Springsteen cover.” With that, a single spotlight shines down on Hernandez as he starts strumming a very gentle riff, his voice matching the soft, gentle mood conveyed through his guitar playing. Until Hernandez sings the opening lines of Bruce Springsteen’s classic “I’m Going Down” no one would be able to figure out which song he was referring to due to the moody acoustic vibe that this interpretation has, compared to the breezy, high energy of the original. As the song progresses forward, a second spotlight shines on one of the women who were singing on the previous track, now sitting on a stool playing bass.

I pull you close now, baby, but when we kiss, I can feel a doubt
I remember back when we started
My kisses used to turn you inside out
I used to drive you to work in the morning
Friday night I'd drive you all around
You used to love to drive me wild
But lately girl you get your kicks from just driving me down
Down, down, down, down

I'm going down, down, down, down

When the final chorus comes around, a storm of sound pushes forward when all three ladies return to harmonize alongside Hernandez, a spotlight shining on each of them. The darkest haired woman has a pair of snare drums in front of her, adding a thundering thump to the gentle cover that built up to this. The explosion of sound does not last too long as each spotlight slowly fades until it’s just Hernandez on his own playing the same chord progression to put a quiet end to the beautiful rendition. The lights return again while the audience cheers and applauds once more. Ryan gives them a small smirk and polite nod as he adjusts the guitar, kicking at a few pedals to prepare for the closing song.

UserPostedImage

“It’s been a little while since I’ve performed on a stage, even longer since I’ve been on any award show. So I was debating whether I should play a new song and a cover or a new song and an old song, before I just said ‘screw it.’ I’m gonna throw a cover in the middle of this, but the rest will just be new songs no one has ever heard. After this, I will immediately down a bottle of whiskey when I get off this stage or take a Xanax or something because I’m way too self-aware right now.” He backs away from the stand for a second, returning the earpiece back to its place while his alcohol comment is received with some jeers from the crowd at hand. “This is the first single off the next record. It’s titled ‘You’re a Disappearing Act.’ In the time that he speaks, the lights redirect to focus on Hernandez and the ladies behind him, whom are each donning an instrument each, two of them with guitars and the other with a bass still strapped over her shoulder. Hernandez turns to give them a nod before playing the opening chords of the next song. One of his backing guitarists play a distorted riff behind him, just as he starts to sing the opening verse.

I'll admit, most of the words you told me just went over my head
I'm so caught up inside myself that I barely listen
I had a dream that you were in the kitchen with your best friend
Both of you smoking up and drinking wine straight out of the bottle
Wait, that wasn't a dream
I saw it from a second-person point of view a year and a half ago
At least I think I did
Unless I was hallucinating while I was sweating off a high
Oh the irony in that statement just cracks me up

His baritone voice registers at a higher octave than the previous song, where his vocals were more hushed and reserved. To go with the closing line, Hernandez forces a sarcastic chuckle to ride right at the end of it. In the break between verses, the distorted lines fade out, as he continues playing the airy, relaxed riff with a faint bass drum kick heard behind it.

Oh, I didn't see you there, love
Where did you come from?
Were you hiding in my closet while I took a shower?
Sorry I took over forty-five minutes, I was seeing how long I could hold my breath underwater
You just laugh and sway around my bedroom
But there’s no music playing in this apartment anymore
Barefooted, while you wore one of my v-neck shirts and nothing else underneath
It makes me smile seeing you so happy and without a care
Sorry I could never get myself out of my own devices
I see you so close, yet you feel so far
I brought my hands to grasp your hips but you just disappeared
You disappeared while I stood in the same place I’ve always been

With the second verse, the rest of the instruments all come into play, when the riff Hernandez is handling picks up, the drums coming in loud, with the bass and rhythm guitar both joining into the musical landscape, while the other guitarist uses a delayed pedal effect to ring through the background of the verse.

What happens when the love fades away like it always does?
Tell me now, what happens when the love you feel fades away?
I’ll count every minute up until that time comes
‘Cause I rather spend a lifetime counting up to love’s dismay
Than counting down to someone else’s demise

By the time the chorus comes into play, the mid-tempo build up of the song continues with Hernandez’s singing become more powerful, in a highly-charged chorus where he questions the idea of everlasting love. His vocals bringing a sense of urgency and passion to the emotional performance.

Did you get my text message?
The one I sent on your birthday, just a simple sentence or two to show I still care
I even put a smiling face on it to covey a light mood
In hopes that you'd reply, even if you kept it short and sweet
But I spent the rest of the day attached to my phone
Checking for the message that never came
I might have cried that night when I remember the last time we spoke
Two months earlier, to the date
Between tears you told me you were seeing someone
That you'd gone and found yourself a new love
There’s the line you killed me with, it’s covered in my blood

Hernandez returns to the same vocal delivery he used in the first two verses, though as the verse goes on, his singing gains intensity. Just before the next chorus, the stage goes dark again, with a row of string lights hanging above the band provide a more intimate visual, the camera focusing on Ryan’s face, his brown eyes glistening under the lights, with the next chorus, the ladies playing behind him, once again providing a lovely three-piece backing harmony.

What happens when the love fades away like it always does?
Tell me woman, what happens when the love you feel fades away?
I’ll count every minute up until that time comes
‘Cause I rather spend a lifetime counting up to love’s dismay
Than counting down to someone else’s demise

I still don't really understand how one man can fuck up so many times
It's as if the thought of somebody is more fulfilling
Than actually committing yourself to a feeling that can flee so easily in the real world
And let's pretend that you would have stayed with me a little longer
And one day I gave you an accessory to show off to all your friends
Maybe we could have lived together a blissful happiness for years
But what happens when the love fades away like it always does?
Tell me love of mine, what happened when the love you felt for me slowly faded away?
I counted up every minute until that time comes

UserPostedImage

The instrumentation of the chorus stays through the bridge of the song, Hernandez singing with added earnest to his voice just prior to the breakdown. While most of the performance thus far has been somber, causing Hernandez’s guitar playing to be quite self-restrained, “You’re a Disappearing Act” builds up to give him the prime opportunity to show off his guitar chops, backing away from the microphone stand as more vibrant blue lights shine upon them. Hernandez gives a soulful guitar solo while the rest of the instrumentation crashes behind him following his direction, the drums having a rolling tempo to them through the solo, as the backing guitars and bass create enough sonic space for Hernandez to have plenty of room to let his electric guitar breathe through varying riffs.

And what happens when the love fades away like it always does?
Tell me stranger, what happens when the love you feel fades?
I'll count every minute up until that time comes
'Cause it always comes

Look at what happens when the love fades away like it always fucking does
It always does, it always does, it always does
Tell me former lovers, wasn’t I right about that?
You can trick yourselves to think otherwise
While I counted every minute up until that time came

After the grandiose solo, Ryan stumbles his way back to the mic, beads of sweat dripping down his face while he sings slightly variating versions of the chorus to finish off the track. His voice nearly breaks with the intense passion behind it while he sings these clearly personal lyrics. On this occasion, no backing vocals adding to the soundscape leaving Hernandez to do his own thing, the final few lines are left for him to be alone at the helm just his voice and guitar while the other instruments slowly fade away. The microphone catches a small sigh that slips from his mouth when the song closes, the lights going off again. Just as how his performance started, it ends with Ryan Ross Hernandez alone amongst the darkness, which seemingly represents an accurate visual to his time away from the public eye. Coming off two vocal surgeries a few years ago, throughout his performance this evening, it also marked a triumphal return to his voice regaining every note and sounding just as he did years prior.

Setlist
Untitled (new song)
I'm Goin' Down (Bruce Springsteen cover)
You're a Disappearing Act (new song)

Sounds Like

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 03/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/08/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 03/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/08/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 03/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 03/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 03/08/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#133 Posted : 03 August 2015 10:13:35(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
"Would it be wrong of me to steal the sticker? Oh shit, I just ruined my secret plan now," Val frowns and laughs. "A lot of people think I'm a complete freak for having pet rats, I'm glad you don't judge me. Yeah, they are! Super intelligent too, they're awesome and they won't bite you. I think they'd so dig you and your tattoos." Val was usually a lot more easygoing around guys, and she felt like she was when she first met Kellin, but the fact she had grown to like him so much only made her worry over whether he felt the same way. "Mhmm, it sucks. I've loved doing my own tour, but it's really made me realise that you can't just... get up and go anywhere you want, you've got a schedule to stick to, it's kinda restricting and lonely," she responds, shrugging her shoulders. "Of course I'd like to see you more, silly. I'd like that," she smiles, squeezing his hand back once again to show she was totally on the same wavelength as him. Val knew this wasn't the most private of places to be getting close to someone, and she knew media would pick up on them holding hands, but she was feeling the moment and didn't care what people had to say or who was watching.

"Sure, but it might lose its sticky. You should see Dallas if you want a sticker. That kid has a box of thousands of Juneau stickers," he laughs. "I won't judge anyone for their pet choice. When I was a kid I had a stick insect and all that ever did was nothing. And sea monkeys. The devastation when I found out they weren't real..." he says, pretending to try not to cry. "Well as long as they're cool and won't take a chunk out of me, I'd love to meet them," he says with a little chuckle. Kellin had been quite fascinated by Val since even before they met, but since they did meet up, they had seemed to get closer and closer, and they were always so sweet around each other. When she starts to lament tour life again, he chuckles a little, and nods. He remembers when he first experienced all the restrictions of being out on the road. "The worst is when you get your per diem and you can't afford to eat anywhere nice. That was the story of our whole first tour," he nods. When she agrees that she would like to see more of each other and squeezes his hand, Kellin smiles at her. "Awesome. Well I guess all we need to do is make that effort. Give it a try and see how it works," he smiles at her again, glad that she was feeling the same as he was. "Hey Val do you reckon..." he starts but then stops. Kellin was nervous, but he wanted to show her he did like her a lot, so all of a sudden, he leans forward and gives Val just a little kiss. It was as if he wanted to test the boundaries, to see what she would say, without pushing it too far and hopefully without scaring her off. "Sorry," he says with a little half smile, nervous at how she'd react.
UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#134 Posted : 03 August 2015 10:42:14(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

"Sure, but it might lose its sticky. You should see Dallas if you want a sticker. That kid has a box of thousands of Juneau stickers," he laughs. "I won't judge anyone for their pet choice. When I was a kid I had a stick insect and all that ever did was nothing. And sea monkeys. The devastation when I found out they weren't real..." he says, pretending to try not to cry. "Well as long as they're cool and won't take a chunk out of me, I'd love to meet them," he says with a little chuckle. Kellin had been quite fascinated by Val since even before they met, but since they did meet up, they had seemed to get closer and closer, and they were always so sweet around each other. When she starts to lament tour life again, he chuckles a little, and nods. He remembers when he first experienced all the restrictions of being out on the road. "The worst is when you get your per diem and you can't afford to eat anywhere nice. That was the story of our whole first tour," he nods. When she agrees that she would like to see more of each other and squeezes his hand, Kellin smiles at her. "Awesome. Well I guess all we need to do is make that effort. Give it a try and see how it works," he smiles at her again, glad that she was feeling the same as he was. "Hey Val do you reckon..." he starts but then stops. Kellin was nervous, but he wanted to show her he did like her a lot, so all of a sudden, he leans forward and gives Val just a little kiss. It was as if he wanted to test the boundaries, to see what she would say, without pushing it too far and hopefully without scaring her off. "Sorry," he says with a little half smile, nervous at how she'd react.

"I'm so gonna do that, I don't collect things... but if I were to, stickers would be one. I'm easily amused like that, ya see," Val smiles. "Hey, you leave stick insects alone... those guys have got it hard with their fragile ass bodies. I heard they can be quite the party animal," she jokes. "They would never! They're super sweet and loving, they'll be intrigued by you... I think they're quite vibey like me, they can sense if you're nice or not. And you're nice." Val rolls her eyes as he mentions the daily allowance and lets out a loud sigh, "I've been eating so so so bad cuz of it. Good thing I kinda sweat it off on stage, otherwise I'd be an elephant. Valphant... Eleval... take your pick!" She looks Kellin in the eyes, a small smile planted at the corners of her lips as she nods her head, "Totally, I'd make the effort. I need you to keep me sane while I'm on the road anyway, it's a requirement," she jokes. Her eyes widen a little as she listens to him, feeling like he wants to say something important, but before he does, he kisses her lips, completely taking her by surprise. Once he pulls away, she can't help a big cheesy grin appear on her face. She leans in closer to him and whispers in his ear, "It's cool. You're lucky there's a bajillion people in here, otherwise I'd so make out with you right now." It was way more upfront than she had been acting recently, but the step he took was enough to convince her she could get away with it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline genocidal king  
#135 Posted : 03 August 2015 10:57:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

"Well just pay Dallas a little compliment, like tell him his little beard is cool, and he'll let you have all the stickers you could ever want," Kellin laughs. "And if stick insects like to party, this one I had was waiting until I went to bed to party. All day it just sat..you know it's just occurring to me now it might have actually just been a stick," he laughs. "They sound like great dudes then. Although I could have guessed that already. I'm guessing someone like you wouldn't choose to hang with people who weren't awesome," Kellin smiles. He nods in agreement as she starts to talk about the bad food on tour, laughing at the name she calls herself. "I shit you not, on Warped I ate a burrito for like 8 days in a row and Dallas started calling me Kelliphant. How weird is that?" he laughs loudly. Kellin smiles back at Val when she smiles and looks him in the eye. They had definitely moved forward quite a way tonight, especially given how slow they had previously taken things. "Well I'm in. Expect Skype calls about Netflix and visits to play Mario Kart when you're out on your next tour," he says with a smile. In the moment after Kellin kisses Val, it was like someone had pressed a pause button on the world. He felt like that moment waiting for her reaction seemed to last forever. But when she smiles, he does too. He was super relieved that she had accepted his kiss and not just turned and ran. When she leans in, he does too, listening to Val whisper. Her confession made him laugh a little and he whispers back to her. "Damn. You think if I pull the fire alarm they'll all get out and leave us to it?" he jokes, winking at her. It felt like a big step had been taken, and although Kellin was nervous he felt glad he had taken the chance to kiss Val.

Edited by user 03 August 2015 11:09:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage