logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<362363364365366>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#7261 Posted : 27 September 2012 01:57:52(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Very good. I was simply replying to your stupid sweeping statement, and you reply with a meme? Witty man.
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#7262 Posted : 27 September 2012 02:05:27(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Very good. I was simply replying to your stupid sweeping statement, and you reply with a meme? Witty man.

It was a joke.
Offline genocidal king  
#7263 Posted : 27 September 2012 02:06:44(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Rincewind Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Raphaela Go to Quoted Post
I think I'm addicted to an anti-emetic. Some days ago I went to bed feeling fine, but then started to think about taking one (it induces sleep). After a lot of consideration I decided against it, but then I started to feel physically ill, nauseous and whatnot. A lot of feelings about buying an IV anti-emetic went through my head and only stopped when I finally took a pill.
I'm scared.

Literally all you talk about on here these days is drugs, and your surprised you've fucked your body up? I can see why people in Scotland take heroin, but in Brazil? Seriously? You have like the most amazing animals, plants, culture, seems a waste to spend all of it fucked.

Are you serious? We have some of the world's most attractive and scenic landscapes and most beautiful countryside anyone's ever seen. We have a country steeped in history that most of the world would envy. I would argue that people in Scotland have a hell of a lot less reason to take heroin. In the grand scheme of things, the economy isn't all that bad, and I'd estimate that Brazil is probably affected by a shit load more poverty than Scotland is. Sure, the unemployment rate in Brazil is lower, but in general, there is a lot more depravity and destitution in some of the lower class areas of Brazil than there is anywhere in Scotland.
We might not have the weather, but we have plantlife, culture and wildlife to potentially rival any country in the world.

What an absolutely fucking moronic thing to say.

It's also important to note that if we look at the population of this forum, there are four Scottish people post on here, all four of whom I'd gather from previous posts are completely against drug abuse. Meanwhile, there are two Brazilians that I know of, one of whom has more narcotics in her system on a daily basis than Amy Winehouse's apartment. Per capita, I think it speaks for itself.

yeah.... but at least the brazilians can afford trousers!!

;)

i do agree saying people who live in Scotland have a reason and excuse to get fucked up on heroin etc... such a trainspotting thing to say.

i think if you fuck your body up that much with different drugs etc of course sooner or later your going to fuck your body over...

Ha! That actually made me laugh properly out loud at my desk.

UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#7264 Posted : 27 September 2012 02:11:23(UTC)
Aj

Man

It's cool, you were probably too busy eating a haggis and fried-mars bar sandwich. Or perhaps applying a wee bit of sun tan lotion because, you know, gingers with freckles burn so easily. But don't worry, all your Scottish pals on here are probably in too shit a mood to comment or alternatively, could be dancing round a sheep wearing a kilt shooting brown.
Offline genocidal king  
#7265 Posted : 27 September 2012 02:14:07(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Haggis and fried mars bar roll*.

Plus, don't be stupid, why would anyone need suntan lotion in Scotland? Ginger or not, that would be like wearing snow shoes in the Sahara.
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#7266 Posted : 27 September 2012 02:17:14(UTC)
Aj

Man

Plus, don't be stupid, why would anyone need suntan lotion in Scotland? Ginger or not, that would be like wearing snow shoes in the Sahara.

Oh yeah, I forgot your summer consists of this:

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Aj for this useful post.
genocidal king on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Rincewind  
#7267 Posted : 27 September 2012 04:05:18(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)

UserPostedImage

dude, thats a nice day there... don't take the piss out of it.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#7268 Posted : 27 September 2012 04:11:11(UTC)
Aj

Man

The irony of it all is that I would love to be out there in that picture, and in Scotland.

Seriously Genocide do you just not read anything I write on these forums?!
Offline Raphaela  
#7269 Posted : 27 September 2012 05:18:53(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I take acid occasionally and smoke weed and suddenly I'm the biggest junkie on the forum? I hate the fact that if you talk about how drunk you get everyody cheers, but if you say you take something that's been considered the chemical that does less harm to your body than any other, it causes this.
And I didn't even say it was an illegal drug that gave me that feeling, it was a regular medication you can buy at any drugstore, and that got me addicted probably because of my trauma of throwing up (a trauma that has been getting cured by my acid sessions).
And Aj, I don't think you know one bit of how it is to be me in a country like mine. You have no idea what I go through every day, and the reasons that make me go for the illegal stuff. I take risks every day, but I can say I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the enlightment entheogens gave me. I'm not even atheist anymore.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Aj  
#7270 Posted : 27 September 2012 05:33:36(UTC)
Aj

Man

I take acid occasionally and smoke weed and suddenly I'm the biggest junkie on the forum? I hate the fact that if you talk about how drunk you get everyody cheers, but if you say you take something that's been considered the chemical that does less harm to your body than any other, it causes this.
And I didn't even say it was an illegal drug that gave me that feeling, it was a regular medication you can buy at any drugstore, and that got me addicted probably because of my trauma of throwing up (a trauma that has been getting cured by my acid sessions).
And Aj, I don't think you know one bit of how it is to be me in a country like mine. You have no idea what I go through every day, and the reasons that make me go for the illegal stuff. I take risks every day, but I can say I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the enlightment entheogens gave me. I'm not even atheist anymore.

If someone posted on this forum saying they drink like you do with drugs I'd be saying the exact same thing. I'm far from anti-drugs, I'm cool with people doing what they want and I don't think it's some evil thing that no one should touch, but at the end of the day your a really sweet girl Raph, and you have some really awesome views on things and I think your such a genuine, solid person, it seems a shame for you to talk the way you do on here nowadays. I'd write this in a PM, but the stuff you put on here anyway kind of makes it un-private anyways. No, I agree, I don't know what it's like to live in a country like yours, but I know people who have awful lives due to problems that they can't permenantly cure, mental/physical and stuff in between. You take acid to cure your problems (I call them that not patronisingly, but only because I don't know the specific name.) then that's your choice, but in my opinion I think your a really nice girl and I don't ever see that nice side of you on here anymore, ever post seems to be about your most recent trip. If you took drugs solely to sort out issues, then you wouldn't be posting about it on here all the time.

I wasn't expecting my comment to be taken like it was with you or GK, but seeing as it has I may as well reply.
thanks 1 user thanked Aj for this useful post.
Rincewind on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Rincewind  
#7271 Posted : 27 September 2012 06:15:45(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

i agree utterly with Aj's last post.

If all someone talks about is what drug they have just taken, what drug they want to take next, wether that be with alcohol, weed, crack, heroin, acid etc etc its a sign of an addiction.. Which is never a good thing. And yes Raph you are the biggest Junkie on here.
and im just like:
thanks 1 user thanked Rincewind for this useful post.
asdf on 27/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Raphaela  
#7272 Posted : 27 September 2012 07:45:55(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
As far as I remember the only time I talked about that was on a conversation with Ryland and David. I didn't think it was necessary to talk with them by PM but as I see people got "offended" by that I won't do it again.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Rincewind  
#7273 Posted : 27 September 2012 07:50:02(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Raph, i don'[t think people got offended... infact i don't think people care that much (i know i don't). i was only backing up Aj's point which i see as valid..

you want to shove whatever you want into your body, go ahead. I don't know you, i will never meet you, you mean nothing to me.. But be aware of the possible outcomes.
and im just like:
Offline forkboy  
#7274 Posted : 27 September 2012 08:09:59(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)

It's also important to note that if we look at the population of this forum, there are four Scottish people post on here, all four of whom I'd gather from previous posts are completely against drug abuse. Meanwhile, there are two Brazilians that I know of, one of whom has more narcotics in her system on a daily basis than Amy Winehouse's apartment. Per capita, I think it speaks for itself.

No it doesn't. It's far too small a sample size to take anything meaningful from. And like it or not but Scotland's heroin culture is hardly a work of fiction created by Irvine Welsh & then adapted to the big screen by Danny Boyle to slander/libel (delete as appropriate, can never remember which is written word & which is spoken word) this country. It's very real. Take for example this article from the Herald in 2010: http://www.heraldscotlan...for-drug-abuse-1.1045274 Scotland has a serious heroin problem, AJ is right, even if he put it in a realllllllllly silly way.

Dundee, Edinburgh & Glasgow have all had serious problems with the drug in particular over the last 20-30 years. Lets not downplay the huge impact smack has on Scottish society. Stimulants like crystal meth or crack cocaine have never caught on up here in a big way, it's about opiates & has been for decades. Even read an article where one individual talked about how injecting it was far more popular up here than down south of the border because "you get more bang for your buck" because when you cook the smack some of it evaporates into the atmosphere, the old stereotype of the tight Jock come true in a tragic way.

Edited by user 27 September 2012 08:11:54(UTC)  | Reason: Because I a an imbecile who posted the wrong message & then had to fix it

Offline genocidal king  
#7275 Posted : 27 September 2012 08:10:45(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Only once. Normal summers are far more miserable.

UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#7276 Posted : 27 September 2012 08:28:31(UTC)
forkboy

Honestly Raph, I think it's more that you don't really post on here as much as you used to, & the few times that you have recently have often mentioned drugs in some form or another. And it's nothing about offence. I don't think anybody takes offence at what you do to your own body, or even you mentioning it on here. Now I'm not going to say I know what every other fucker here is thinking because I lack the ability to read minds (fortunately. I've never really rated mind-reading as a particularly positive trait to have. Unless you had amazing filters on it you'd quickly go fucking insane from hearing everybodies worst thoughts, & who wants that shit?) but I'm going to guess that Gildy's (why do I call him Gildy? It's a fucking awful thing to say. I won't do that again) initial comment which started all this was at least slightly tinged with humour, perhaps with a serious suggestion mixed up in it. And y'know, you just said you were worried you were hooked on something so I don't think the suggestion of "rely on drugs less" is necessarily a bad one. He even said "less" rather than anything more absolute like "BECOME TEETOTAL (or straight edge as the goofy kids like to call it these days)!" Ultimately it's a conclusion people come to based on a tiny sample size of what you post on here. I mean if you read my posts you'd come to the conclusion I can be a bit of an asshole at times would be...bad example, that's actually true. But you hopefully see what I'm saying

I'm not going to tell you what to do because you're half way across the world. I (& others) may make suggestions at times out of basic human decency & concern because hey, misuse of drugs, legal or illegal, can fuck you up. It's a fact. Alcohol, tobacco, smack, weed, cocadamol from the pharmacy MDMA, whatever, it can do you damage. I can't remember how old you are but I think you are either still under 20 or maybe 20ish. You first got into weed in the the this current iteration of the board has been up, right? About 3 years? Well I'd be a little worried for you in that case because most recent studies suggest taking drugs when you're a teen, when your brain is it's most plastic, doing its most development is the worst time to do drugs. But whatever, it's your brain, your body, ultimately your choice. It's not unknown for me to self-medicate with alcohol, be it when dealing with social anxiety, or depression, or even just fucking plain boredom. But I dunno, I've never really felt the need to mention it here because I'm not proud of needing some sort of narcotic crutch to deal with every day situations. I think it's pitiful to be honest. And I'm not judging you when I say this, I am merely passing judgement on myself.

I'm pretty fucking liberal when it comes to drugs. Alcohol is my vice of choice (mainly out of convenience really, I don't have any drug dealer hook-ups, while alcohol is easy to find & purchase), you can do whatever the fuck you want. If you make a rational decision to shoot up enough smack to kill an elephant, that's your business. I can agree with your point about the disproportionate reactions to alcohol & drugs from some quarters but I'm not sure that's so relevant here. I mean the Paul that I know would just as freely make a comment about someone using alcohol too often as he would someone using whatever the fuck else. Ditto me, I remember previously raising (mild) concerns about Lewis's mad party/drink/drug/fucking binges (remember Lewis?) to him. And as a counter-point, people of a certain generation can be just as...what's the right term? keen on cheering the use of cannabis. "Yo does anyone else love to get high & sit outside with your laptop playing games?" being a recent example of a thread starter here by a total newcomer. Stoners seem to have a tendency often to point out how they like to game high, & walk high & listen to music high & masturbate high until you wonder if there's anything they can do sober anymore & that's also really silly. Not to mention kind of dull.

I've gone on so long that I've lost the point. Drugs. Do them, don't do them, your business. But if you do post about it in a public forum, & it's not the 4:20.com message board, someone may well show concern if you seem to be using regular.

Edited by user 27 September 2012 08:31:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#7277 Posted : 27 September 2012 09:20:26(UTC)
forkboy

I really want to get my hands on some Nausea. I have no idea how I've not heard them until just now but they were a fucking brilliant angry punk band. I know this isn't the music forum but i'm not starting a new thread just to express this one thought.
Offline Gildermershina  
#7278 Posted : 27 September 2012 12:21:37(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
So this totally turned into a weird intervention.

To clarify, my position is this: do drugs if you like. That's fine. But if you say something to the effect of "I think I might be addicted to a drug" when it seems like most of the stuff you say on this thread has something to do with drug experimentation, I say yeah maybe you take too many drugs. It's not my place to tell you what to do, but I think the answer is relatively simple on one level, and that is cut back to a manageable level.

I work for a guy who is a total pothead. At work he smokes as many as four or five joints in the six hours I am there. He has a medical license because he apparently has arthritis. Yes I understand the medical benefits, but this guy just fucking loves to smoke pot and always has and now he just has a legal excuse to do it in public. He kind of needs to get his shit together a bit. On some level I feel like me being there doing the work he would otherwise would be, I'm basically just enabling him. I know this because he turned round one day and said he needed stable, reliable people like me in his life. And if I'm the one who seems to have his shit together, then there is something seriously fucking wrong.

Anyway, tldr, people are worried so they try to help, instead of sitting back and saying "that's fine" and hoping something bad doesn't happen.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#7279 Posted : 27 September 2012 12:52:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18010 time(s) in 10472 post(s)
damn.even back when i did smoke,i dont think i cleared nearly a joint an hour.that is one smoking motherfucker.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Gildermershina  
#7280 Posted : 27 September 2012 15:09:47(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
damn.even back when i did smoke,i dont think i cleared nearly a joint an hour.that is one smoking motherfucker.

Yeah, and fair enough, it's his money to spend how he wants, but if he smoked just one or two a day he might not be scrambling to pay outstanding Google Ads and Yelp bills. Maybe if he smoked just one a day, he'd be able to afford another chair for the office. Maybe he'd be able to able to get shit done without having to drive to his dealer every day saying "I'll be 30 minutes", then showing up an hour and a half later.

It's a viable business for sure, but when pot is a priority over advertising bills and rent, something's kind of askew.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage