logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#41 Posted : 19 February 2011 12:59:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
2/18/11 - Tough and Tender has sold over 720,000 copies! Im so happy :) Touring is going great. I'm really anxious for tomorrow night. I'm performing at the Hall of Fame awards. I can't wait to see all the amazing performances and see who wins what. I also can't wait to see a Mr. Brandon Caulfield either ;]. Well i must get going. Need to catch up on some sleep so i can look beautiful for tomorrow night! Love you guys, HB<3
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline C4AJoh  
#42 Posted : 19 February 2011 21:24:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8666 time(s) in 2718 post(s)
Brandon: Can't wait to see you at the awards. I'm very excited about it, now I know how you feel every second of every day :)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#43 Posted : 22 February 2011 06:59:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

2/21/11 - My album went platnium selling over 1,000,000,000 copies!! :] Oh yes special celebration tomorrow night in Arizona! Touring has gotten me extra tired but i've found a new love with coffee lol. I spent majority of my night talking to someone on the phone. My fault i suppose but it was a much needed call. And i managed to buy something from every city i've been to :) isn't that great?? Couple more days and i'll be performing back home in Cali!! Super pumped for that. Well, this take out food is calling my name. Love you guys, HB<3
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#44 Posted : 23 February 2011 12:26:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Review of Tough and Tender!

UserPostedImage

A sophomore album is always a tricky task for anyone. How to expand on what you delivered previously and how to create something that’s fresh and not a rehash of old material. Some people crumble under the pressure of it all and some people rise to the occasion, rarely is their an in-between.
Hannah Beth returned after a brief disappearance from the music industry and quickly began work on her sophomore effort Tough And Tender and may have surprised people from the get-go with the opening track.

Dangerous
A guitar fueled less than friendly track, it’s title said everything you needed to know and it’s a nice change to see a “pop” artist let go and unleash a certain devilish charm. Certainly different from what we’re used to and a welcome change.
It’s a dark tale straight from the Stephen King handbook that follows a young girl with a duel personality, a murder mystery party turns into a real life nightmare as 6 people fall victim to the young girls split personality. It sets the album up very nicely and gives Hannah room to move without raising expectations too high. All in all a good foundation to build the album on.

Shout (I Love You)
Your quickly brought back down to reality with a bump with the second song. A very different, pop friendly approach about just shouting about how much you love someone, Similar in theory to the Alicia Lena collaboration Rooftops (Feat. Ryan Ross Hernandez). It’s a total pop love song and couldn’t be more different from the album opener, it may make some people feel like vomiting at the sheer levels of happiness in the track but it’s charming nevertheless.

Think Again
This song seems to be in keeping with the previous track rather than the opener. Hannah seems like a completely different artist on this track, certainly in comparison to Dangerous.
It’s another radio friendly pop track, it’s a kind of break up song, not exactly an original idea but it puts a smile on your face and provides charm and warmth. Although the song may be radio friendly and pop oriented you can see the maturity in Hannah Beth’s writing, growth from an artist and at the perfect time.
It’s essentially about a girl attempting to make her ex-boyfriend jealous in a last ditch attempt to make him miss her, it’s heart warming and charming, but fails to stand alongside other commercially successful pop songs.

Catch Your Eye
The standout track possibly. Well there’s a few stand out tracks on the album and this is definitely one of them. It’s an upbeat song, possibly about a young girl who happens to enjoy attention but maybe enjoys teasing a little more. It’s a song about a young girl content on flirting with a man at a club with no intention of taking things any further, slightly frustrating for the guy? Maybe but it makes for a very interesting and fun pop track with more of a dance influence to it. Likely to become a big hit in clubs all over the USA.

Best Kept Secret
A decent track but it fails to stand alongside Catch Your Eye, Dangerous, When I’m Dead and A Fathers Love. It’s a song about a girl in the midst of an affair, after finding herself frustrated at sharing a man, she decides to reveal herself as the mistress to her lovers other woman. Despite It’s rhythmic beats, easy melodies and catchy chorus, it fails to give this track any real depth and lacks anything other than a passing appreciation at the musicianship on show. It’s not gonna break ground but it’s listenable enough to redeem it from being considered a poor effort.

Save Her
This is the kind of song that I particularly enjoy. It’s story and it’s depth is what makes it memorable. It’s about a young girl who happens to be treated badly by her mother, abuse, sorrow and a somewhat surprising ending. It’s haunting melodies and vocally one of the strongest tracks on the album gives it a memorable quality.

Emily’s Song
At this point, you may be thinking, please not another love song, it is a story overused in every kind of medium, films have made this kind of story over and over again and there’s been so many songs that have followed this kind of story.
It’s about a young girl who falls in love with a young guy, as love always is when your young, it’s naïve and it’s wreckless and as you’d expect, one of them has to leave and oh, the one left behind finds a new love and oh she ends up being torn between two lovers. However, Hannah can be forgiven because she’s young and she’s allowed to dream, my least favourite song on the album.

Stray
A story about the first time you leave home, a song everyone can relate to and a very honest representation of it. That loneliness and fear you feel and then the comfort and normality that begins to happen as you get used to leaving home. It’s very honest and at some points can even choke you up as you remember that feeling of independence and leaving your old life behind, a sweet and surprise track, definitely worth a listen.

A Fathers Love
This song has so much raw emotion. Hannah opens her heart on the track and you can’t help but feel pain for the person singing. The lyrics are beautiful and the music is just as good but it never takes away from the lyrics and that is something to behold, certainly for someone considered to be a popstar. The music never takes away from the lyrics in this song and the emotion is incredible, it has depth and that’s what I’m looking for from music. Easily the standout track from the album.

Stand Alone (A Fool For You)
A total, teen drama track, in my opinion anyway. It’s about dealing with heartbreak and moving forward with your life. It’s the story of a girl, unlucky in love and now unwilling to open her heart to anyone, of course as the song progresses, she finds someone who happens to start to open heart up a little bit. It’s another pop song on a predominantly pop album, it’s a good track and could be a pretty successful single.

Thinking Of You
This track is the second part of A Fathers Love. Written together with her young brother as was A Fathers Love and it shows just how good they could become as a song writing team, although this isn’t another pop song. It’s about remembering the person who loved you most in the world after they’ve gone and it’s another of those emotional tracks that Hannah seems to have found a niche with and I think this could be the future of her music. If she can continue to write such beautifully emotional songs then she’s got an incredible future ahead of her.

Just Another
It’s another song about independence and it sets the album up for a great ending, the previous track gave you emotion and feeling and this track gives you a smile and some inspiration. It’s about being more than someone’s girlfriend. It’s about creating your own path and walking it. It’s your life and you should walk it the way you want to. It’s about taking charge and it’s another good song.

When I’m Dead
The bonus track ends the album perfectly. It’s an upbeat track about leaving one life behind, will you miss people when your gone, It’s another really well written track and another with an element of emotion to it. A line, “You Don’t Know What You’ve Got Until It’s Gone.” couldn’t describe the song anymore. It’s a very good song and if Hannah can continue to write these kind of songs throughout her career then it’s gonna be a very long career indeed.

The album is a worthwhile purchase. It’s an emotional rollercoaster at times, one moment your smiling and the next your almost on the verge of tears. It has it’s bad points but they’re almost completely outweighed by the good points, standout track, Dangerous, Catch Your Eye, A Fathers Love, Thinking Of You, Just Another and When I’m Dead are all songs which are certainly worth listening to. And there’s a few upbeat pop tracks for the casual fan but for someone looking for something with a little bit more, I recommend taking a listen to this album, it has depth and emotion and feeling but it also doesn’t stray too far into the darkness.
All in all a good sophomore record and something to build on, maybe just perfecting one or two of those pop songs that fill the middle of the album would be a good idea and could in the future turn her work from good into great. But I’d definitely recommend this album.

7/10

Review By
Jake Wilson

Tough and Tender
Chart Positions

UK - 10
Canada - 11
USA - 5
Europe - 21
Asia - 18
South America - 8
Aus & NZ - 14
World - 32
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#45 Posted : 25 February 2011 06:53:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

2/24/11 - Back home in California! I missed this place. Performing tonight at the Honda Centre so it should be alot of fun. Last night was awesome and I had fun in Arizona. Can't wait to see my fans and friends tonight! <3 HB
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#46 Posted : 04 March 2011 07:21:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

3/3/11 - So touring is going great for those of you who ask lol. Tonight im performing in Texas :D. Just a few more days and i'll be home finally. I can't wait i seriously miss my bed and my adorable puppy Bubbles. And also i celebrated National Pancake day and let me tell you, i think i gained 800 pounds Lol. Well i gotta go get some exercise in and then head to the arena. Love you guys, HB<3
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#47 Posted : 06 March 2011 23:46:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

3/6/11 - So im counting down the days until i get home :) Only 8 more to go! Its been great visiting these cool places. I'm kinda gonna miss the craziness though. But i just miss home more. Ah, i also saw those pictures of me eating cotton candy and doing yoga. It's just not safe to do anything anymore Lol. Well back to my nap, Love HB<3
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#48 Posted : 17 March 2011 08:23:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

3/16/11 - Finally back home! Touring was amazing and awesome. I love the different cities but im just glad to have gotten home safely. :]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#49 Posted : 18 March 2011 05:52:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

3/17/11 - Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! :D So I get to take a break before touring again. I am so happy that i am at home and with the guy I love :]. Gonna take it easy for a few weeks but i'll be back to work before you know it! I put my tour dates below just as a reminder, and it's not too late to get tickets. Love you guys, <3 HB

Oceania
4/16- Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia
4/18- Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia
4/19-Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
4/21-Westpac Trust Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
4/22-Westpac Trust Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
4/24-Trusts Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
4/26-Trusts Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
4/28-Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#50 Posted : 18 March 2011 06:13:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8666 time(s) in 2718 post(s)
Brandon: Aww man, more touring :( I guess I should get used to it. Love you though. xoxo
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#51 Posted : 23 March 2011 06:06:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

3/22/11 - Taking Bubbles for a walk. Isn't he the cutest?? :)

UserPostedImage

I also got another dog who I named Tinkerbell. I decided to take her out for lunch.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline FiveT  
#52 Posted : 23 March 2011 06:07:59(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Ugenia: Awww, they're so cute! I have a dog too, maybe we should make them meet up sometime! :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#53 Posted : 23 March 2011 06:10:03(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hannah Beth: Yes we definitely should :) They are really friendly.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#54 Posted : 28 March 2011 07:24:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

After touring, Hannah decided to release two new singles. The two singles will be cover songs for one of her favorite artists, the late Selena Quintanilla. The first single is 'Como La Flor' and it will also be the singers first time performing a song completely in Spanish. "I felt that it was time to get in touch with my Spanish speaking skills. I thought i would be a little rusty, but surprisingly i did great." The singer states she hasn't spoken in the language since she was 17. "I want to eventually do a full album in Spanish or at least half of the songs be in complete Spanish. I just thought this would be a great opportunity to pay tribute to one of my greatest inspirations and kind of make my way back into speaking Spanish more fluently like before."

UserPostedImage

Como La Flor Lyrics

Yo se que tienes un nuevo amor
Sin embargo te deseo lo mejor
Si en mi no encontraste felicidad
Tal vez alguien mas
Te la dara

Como la flor (Como la flor)
Con tanto amor (Con tanto amor)
Me diste tu
Se marchito
Se marcho hoy
Yo se perder

Pero ay, ay, ay como me duele
A, ay, ay como me duele

Si vieras como duele perder tu amor
Junto a dios te llevas mi corazon
No se si pueda volver a amar
Porque te di todo el amor que pude dar
Como la flor

Me diste tu
Se marchito
Se marcho hoy
Yo se perder

Ay, ay, ay como me duele

Me diste tu se marchito
Se marcho hoy
Yo se perder

Ay, ay, ay como me duele
Ay, ay, ay como me duele
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline FiveT  
#55 Posted : 28 March 2011 07:39:58(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Mimi: From those bits that I can understand it seems a nice song! :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#56 Posted : 28 March 2011 07:44:56(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hannah Beth: Thanks Mimi! :) It's a very lovely song.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#57 Posted : 29 March 2011 08:28:03(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

3/28/11 - Just got back home from New York. Had an amazing time with Alicia :). Well i guess it's about time to enjoy my alone time until my brother gets here for a visit. I've been missing my soaps also. What is going on in General Hospital? Soy tan detrás y confundido! ;] <3 HB

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline SuicideParty  
#58 Posted : 29 March 2011 15:36:38(UTC)
SuicideParty

Johnny: I saw three of her concerts and whoa they were amazing! Each time her energy was non stop. I'd recommend you see a concert or two of hers. Thank you for putting on amazing shows!
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#59 Posted : 29 March 2011 22:17:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hannah Beth: Thanks Johnny! :] I had alot of fun.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline SuicideParty  
#60 Posted : 29 March 2011 23:53:49(UTC)
SuicideParty

Johnny: We should get together for dinner sometime :)