logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<1314151617>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#281 Posted : 07 July 2013 07:54:50(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: Hehe, nahhh... I'm just playing. ;) I'll sort you out with some tickets, hopefully I'll see you at a show or two!

Sammy: YAAAY :D thanks darlin' ;D you certainly will see me there!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 07/07/2013(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#282 Posted : 07 July 2013 08:22:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: While I'll be unable to make it to a show, I'm glad to see Nadia Berry back on the road and touring. I'm sure her North American fans are just as happy. I'm sure she will have the second biggest tour of the Summer.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 07/07/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#283 Posted : 07 July 2013 10:21:17(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: Bitch you better be singing LIVE with these expensive ass tickets!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline GirlSpice  
#284 Posted : 09 August 2013 23:55:08(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
CULTURE UNCUT REVIEWS THE SUMMER SKIN TOUR
UserPostedImage

A newly-brunette Nadia Berry kicked off her Summer Skin North American tour on Wednesday in Vancouver, for one of two shows at the sold-out Rogers Arena. And from the crowd's response the first moment the "Records On" songstress took to the stage, it's clear as to why Nadia has blown up in the way that she has as a solo artist. Her fans are loyal, and they're most definitely varied judging from the audience. Teen girls sang and danced their way through pop hits "Shadow" and "Bikinis & Martinis", whilst grown men nodded their heads along to rock-influenced songs "We'll Break Time" and "Beautifully Broken". Whether they were there purely for their love of Berry's music, or they were dragged along by a girlfriend isn't known, but it clearly shows Nadia knows how to craft a catchy tune to cater to the masses. However, despite her impressive discography to date, not every song was a highlight and some came across as filler in the set. A performance of deluxe edition track "Villain" from Open Heart Surgery put a dampener on things, whilst a cover of the Kings of Leon song "Sex on Fire" wasn't to our tastes, but it seemed to go down well with the crowd.

Nadia previously described her tour as a "pop show with a rock heart", and it's not hard to see where she's coming from. There's definitely a raw feel to the show without many distractions to take you away from the artist herself, sure, she'll give you a rare dance routine for one or two performances, but we're glad to see there's more depth than just choreography. Whether it's Nadia moving around the stage energetically, or stood behind a microphone strumming her guitar for new song "Let the Wind Guide Us", for a tour from a pop artist, Nadia definitely keeps things stripped back and simplistic. Outfit changes are few, and the energy and audience interaction is plenty. Nadia is putting all her talents on show this time round, and she's displaying just how versatile she is as an artist. She also held nothing back vocally during a performane of album track "Waiting Game", where she sat behind a piano and put those not always displayed talents to good use.

Of course, if you're looking for hundreds of fireworks and one dance routine after the next, this might not be the tour for you. The focus is clearly on Nadia herself, the band, and most importantly, the music. But does Nadia have the stage presence to pull off a tour of this style? We'll let you be the judge of that.

SET LIST
01. Risktaker
02. Nothing Less Than Perfection
03. Teenage Tragedy
04. Fake It
05. We'll Break Time
06. You Wanted War
07. Villain
08. Runaway / Glue & Glitter (Medley)
09. Shadow
10. Somebody Like Me
11. Calling You Out
12. Drunk
13. Bikinis & Martinis
14. Good Girls Don't Lie
15. Distance
16. Waiting Game (Piano Mix)
17. Let the Wind Guide Us
18. One of Those Days / Hooked on Love (Medley)
19. Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon Cover)
20. Hands Up (Shot the Sheriff)
21. Light Us Up
22. Beautifully Broken
23. Records On
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 09/08/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/08/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/08/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/11/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#285 Posted : 12 November 2013 00:22:50(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

We have the one and only Nadia Berry on the phone! Nadia, how are you?
Hi, Ryan! It's been a minute, right? I'm very well thank you, how are you?

All good, Nads. So you're phoning up very early for us on a very special occassion, is that right?
You could say that. (laughs) I'm actually very excited to be sharing the world premiere of my new single with you guys, I've been waiting for this moment for so long now. All my fans have been tweeting me "Rahhhh, hurry up with new music!" and it feels good to finally be giving them what they've been asking for!

I think I was one of those fans.
Oh dear. (laughs) Well then you're in luck, sweetie!

And we're gonna play that in just a moment. You're currently on the Reckless Infinity Tour right now, how's that going?
So good! Me and the girls are loving it, we haven't toured in a while and this is really the only form of touring we're doing for Make a Scene, it's a lot more relaxed and we're really enjoying being a part of something so exciting and with loads of other talented acts, it's great. I've met a load of the artists on the tour and they're all lovely, it's a nice thing to be a part of.

You've also got your new album Diamond in the Rough coming out next year, correct?
Correct.

Tell us a little bit about that, any exclusive details?
Welll... I can't tell you too much at this stage, but it's an album I've been working on throughout the whole of this year and it's been an amazing journey to watch this record grow into what it is now. I've not exactly made two albums this year, but I made two versions of it, it all started out very acoustic and slow and then new stuff happened in my life and I just wanted to kick it up a notch, throw in some electric guitars and make it really powerful. I like to think of it as the older sister to Open Heart Surgery, she's a little more aggressive, but she means well. (laughs)

That was definitely a personal album to you, do you consider this new album just as, if not more?
I would actually say even more so, yeah. Just because for that album, I was addressing a lot of stuff in my past that I felt needed to be addressed. Whereas this album, everything I wrote about happened in the present, I'd feel something and I'd instantly write about it and record the song, the emotion you hear in the vocals was what I was really feeling at that moment in time. It's an emotional rollercoaster of an album, I'm not going to say it's all dark and emotional and blah blah blah, there's definitely some light hearted moments, it just naturally came to be like that. You're getting the first piece of the album today, I'm quite sad in a way!

Why is that?
I don't know if you'll understand, or if anyone will. But I've worked on this record longer than I have for any album in all my years of being a musician, when something is held so close to you for that long, you kinda feel protective of it like an obsessive mother! I don't know, it's just hard to put new stuff out, knowing you're putting it out there for it to be freely scrutinised and ripped apart by the media. It's all good though, because my fans are finally getting to hear it. That's what matters.

That is, exactly. And what about the new single we're about to hear?
"Make It Right" was one of the first songs I wrote for this album and it's stuck with me throughout the whole process as a lead single contender, so I think that says a lot about the track itself, I had to stay with it for that reason. It's one of the more lighter moments on the album, about a turbulent relationship that's constantly on the rocks and not as secure as you wish it was, but the intimate moments always help to heal things for the time-being. It's got an almost 80s vibe, it's really funky and has that great singalong quality to it, I think a lot of people will like it for that reason.

Enough teasing, Berry! Shall we play it?
Let's! Here's my new single "Make It Right", I hope you enjoy it.

Click here for track description

Another night spent in different beds
With an imaginary gun pointed to your head
All these thoughts that you make me discover
Love and hate ain't very far from one another
And babe, it's our greatest talent
Each day brings a new challenge
A kiss could turn into a word-made war
But we always get past it all

Stupid, stupid games that we've always played
We fight to look forward to the making up
So I'll kiss your lips to keep your mouth shut
Stupid, stupid games played in our own special way
Cause tonight, we're gonna get straight to loving
We'll make the bad between us fade to nothing
I just want you to go and dim the light
Cause tonight, we're gonna make it right

Make it right, oh, oh, make it right
Tonight, we're gonna make it right, make it right

You and me, we're far from the ordinary
Said you and me, it always felt so legendary
So let me loosen up that heart made of steel
We're hurting from meaningless curses, but we'll heal
The truth lies in your eyes, that's why I'm still here
Your loving always helps to seal the deal

I'm gonna make it right, tonight
And when your mind's screaming out for help
I'm gonna make you see, make you believe
That there's no need to be scared
Dim the afternoon sky into a starry midnight
There's a fire in your heart that I'm yet to ignite
So I'll take out the dark with the brightest light
Start a wildfire to burn away these lonely nights

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 9 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 12/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 12/11/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 12/11/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/11/2013(UTC), PANIC! on 18/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 18/11/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#286 Posted : 18 November 2013 06:12:16(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Nadia: Hiii! Can anyone see me? I get the feeling you can and I'm sat here looking like an idiot. (laughs)

A few moments pass and Nadia gathers from the comments she's on air.

Nadia: Okay, good. Well from my terrible memory, I don't think I've ever done one of these before, so this is new. Basically you send me questions and I answer them, it's all very simple.

Another few moments pass of Nadia blankly staring at her screen.

Nadia: (calls out for her manager in a funny voice) Thomaaaas, dahhling! They're typing too quickly, I don't have time to read it! Thomaaas!

Her manager walks in and shakes his head.

Thomas: I knew this would be difficult for you, Nads.

Nadia: Hey, I'm learning here. I'm quite good at Twitter, this is all new to me! I don't have time to Ustream in the day, what else am I going to do on here? Strip?

Thomas: Don't go getting any ideas.

Nadia: (laughs) Show me how to slow the chat down or something.

Thomas: You can't, I'm afraid. You're just gonna have to read them as quickly as you can.

Nadia: Whaaat? This site sucks, okay, fine.

She spends around a minute looking at the screen just managing to read a question.

Nadia: I feel like I'm picking lottery numbers! Okay, ILoveBerryVeryMuch... aww, that's a cute name, they asked why I called my album Diamond in the Rough, and it's a bit complex and there's multiple reasons, so I'll just give you a simple answer and say one. The term in general is something I've related to since the very beginning of the career, I was always the underdog and was overlooked for a very long time before making it big. I had people saying that I had potential, but I had to change this and this about myself to get to where I want, when in fact I never wanted to be perfect, or the diamond. Sooo yeah, hopefully you understood that. If not, I'll ramble on and on about it another time and you'll never shut me up. (laughs)

Thomas: Here's one, who would you like to collaborate with? That's from Rhianne05.

Nadia: I really like Anna Villiot, I feel like there's so much potential there for her to just be... huge, really big. Over time I've gone into a more indie pop direction which is more her sound, and I feel like we share a lot of fans, I think it'd work well. I don't know if we could do something for my album or hers, but I'll try to make it happen at some point, I'm a big fan and she's gorgeous!

Thomas: WeLoveMadia says when are you touring?

Nadia: Madia! Nooooo! (bursts into laughter) They've put mine and Mark's name together, Tom! Help.

Thomas: (laughs) It's fitting, you're a bit mad.

Nadia: I am. Well... we're in talks with people and stuff, aren't we, Tom? I'm not certain at this stage, but I'd love to tour this record. I did my very first solo tour of North America only recently, and I loved it, so I'd love to go around the world. The thing is, this album and the funding and absolutely everything is coming from me, I've got no label supporting me, I set up my own to distribute this record. It's a fucking good job I made some money in all this time I've been in the business, cause I'd still be stuck at a label I didn't want to be at any longer. (laughs) But we'll see, it depends on the demand and how well the album does really.

Thomas: It's all down to you guys, so no illegal downloads!

Nadia: Yes, Thomas will catch you and put you in jail! Don't do it, kids. Okaaaay... CoyleHasMyHeart asked if I'm going to Katie's wedding. Duhhh! Of course I am. I don't like talking about my friends' private lives, so that's all I'm saying, but yes, I'm very pleased for her.

Thomas: DiamondBerry asks what's your favourite song on the album?

Nadia: But I have so many! I've been working on this album for a while now, it's like each song has grown up into a child in this time and as I'm gearing up to the release of this album, it's like I'm buying all the school uniform, ready to send them off to school. It's so emotional! I sound crazy, don't I? (laughs)

Thomas: Just a little, Nads.

Nadia: Well, to answer your question. One favourite at least is a song called "Heaven's Gates" and it's just a song I wrote for my grandparents. Both of them have passed and I wanted to dedicate a song to them, it's incredibly personal to me and makes me cry whenever I read over the lyrics again because it makes me miss them. It captures their spirits and celebrates their lives through the lyrics, and I'm really pleased I got to write a song like that. I wasn't sure if I could, it was a hard subject to write about, but I'm really proud of it. It's the one I'm most looking forward to letting you guys hear, because it's a real piece of me, it's pure, honest music.

Thomas: It's a really good song, one of my favourites as well.

Nadia: Thomas! How about we ask you, what's your favourite?

Thomas: I like the title track, I think the fans are gonna like that one.

Nadia: Oooh, "Diamond in the Rough", that's a good one. That might be a single at some point.

Thomas: Gotta be. Next up, Chris92 asks when you're revealing the album cover and track list and when is the album out?

Nadia: Soon, sweetie! I'm making some last minute track listing decisions, then it'll be with you all. The album should be out in February.

Thomas: What's your favourite thing about America? That's from CarlRoberts.

Nadia: I liiike... the men? (laughs) American guys are very charming, my boyfriend actually has Italian in him, and I think American-Italian guys are totally the way to go, ladies. But in all seriousness, I like the food, of course. And I like how crazy it is, there's never a dull moment in the States! Especially in New York, where I spend a lot of my time.

Thomas: Alright, do you wanna wrap things up?

Nadia: Let me do one more. Okay, NadiaDaily asks why I went with "Make It Right" for the first single. Very good question! Let me start off by saying that I love your fansite, I'm always visiting it to read things... about myself. (laughs) I appreciate the support so much. I went with "Make It Right" because I think it had a great balance, it's familiar enough to please my long-term fans, but I think there's a fresh, different element to it that'll help me reach a wider audience. It's a very catchy song and I didn't want to force a big depressing ballad on everyone straight away, it's a nice easy-listening song. While it's not the best on the album in my opinion, it always felt right to go with that one for the lead. I don't believe in throwing your best stuff out straight away, I wanted to hold a few cards to my chest, so you'll get to hear that eventually. Yay!

Thomas: Okay, do you know how to turn it off?

Nadia: I've got it, I've got it, I'm not that bad. Thank you so much for your questions guys, I'm sorry I didn't get to answer even close to a quarter of them, but it's been fun. We'll do this again sometime and I'll try to answer more, I love you and thank you for all the love and support. Byeee! (waves)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 9 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/11/2013(UTC), C4AJoh on 18/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 18/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 18/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 18/11/2013(UTC), PANIC! on 18/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 18/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 18/11/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/12/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#287 Posted : 18 November 2013 10:02:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ooc: Great job on this :) Very realistic to read!

Jade: I can't wait to hear more from the album, 'Make It Right' is flawless.

Edited by user 18 November 2013 10:04:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 18/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#288 Posted : 18 November 2013 22:25:12(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie: Excited in hearing your album's taking an indie influence and much more excited on listenning "Heaven's Gate" I share the same feeling as you girl, I lost my father a long time ago and it always seem to me that I'll be incomplete.. anyway, I'm excited for February!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 19/11/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#289 Posted : 18 November 2013 22:27:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Yeah, you're coming...damn right! :P

OOC: Awesome work on this. Made me chuckle at parts and came across as very realistic.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 19/11/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#290 Posted : 01 December 2013 03:47:59(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 01/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 01/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2013(UTC), kandii on 01/12/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#291 Posted : 03 December 2013 08:02:56(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

The video to "Make It Right" is filmed entirely inside a large house in the British countryside, the first shot we see showing Nadia Berry in a short, silk robe with black lingerie underneath, sat on a large, vintage chair in the corner of a bedroom. A shot shows her lover sleeping in bed, and the video cuts back to her. The country fields are seen outside the window next to her, a very faint light being let in from the blinds as it forms shadows on her face. She turns her head to the camera and begins to sing the opening verse to the song, her legs propped up to the side of the chair as she looks directly into the lens.

"Another night spent in different beds
With an imaginary gun pointed to your head
All these thoughts that you make me discover
Love and hate ain't very far from one another
And babe, it's our greatest talent
Each day brings a new challenge
A kiss could turn into a word-made war
But we always get past it all"

Going straight into the chorus, Nadia rises to her feet and drops her robe once she stands. She steps over it and proceeds to to walk out of the bedroom. The camera watches the door close, before we see Nadia on the other side. She's seen wearing a smart looking blazer, white top and skirt, looking ready for work and it's notably light outside, as we see through the window behind her in the hallway. She rushes down it and walks down the stairs, and we see her lover sat in the kitchen, reading a newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee. She walks past him and although we can't hear what's said, we see his lips move and she stops, turning around and talking back to him. Their conversation continues to be unheard, and grows more heated as he throws his cup across the kitchen, a slow motion shot shows it gradually breaking against the floor. She runs a hand through her hair and steps over it, walking out of the house.

"Stupid, stupid games that we've always played

Tonight, we're gonna make it right, make it right"

Just a second later, we see the door open again and it's dark outside, a tired looking Nadia walks in and closes the door behind her. The broken cup is still left on the floor and she kneels down to clear up the mess, her lover walks through the door as she does so, we assume he's also come home from work. She puts the broken pieces in the bin and turns her head to see that he's holding a large bunch of flowers in his hand. She smiles and hurries towards him, both of them locking into a passionate kiss, he drops the flowers and picks her up, placing her on the kitchen side as the kiss grows more intense, her legs and arms wrapping around his body to hold him close.

"You and me, we're far from the ordinary
Said you and me, it always felt so legendary
So let me loosen up that heart made of steel
We're hurting from meaningless curses, but we'll heal
The truth lies in your eyes, that's why I'm still here
Your loving always helps to seal the deal

Tonight, we're gonna make it right, make it right"

The scene quickly morphs into a new day in the same kitchen, both in different outfits but showing the rocky part of the relationship again. The pair are caught mid-way in a heated argument as they're both seen angrily shouting at one another, he violently shakes her at one point and she pushes him forcefully out of the way, looking teary eyed. She rushes up the stairs and into the bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She takes a deep breath and sits back down on the chair that we saw at the start of the video, wiping a tear away that escapes from her eye and runs down her cheek. The following scene shows her angry other half sat in the living room, fury in his eyes as he kicks the coffee table in front of him. It flips over and the glass smashes, all of the contents on top of it going across the floor.

"I'm gonna make it right, tonight
And when your mind's screaming out for help
I'm gonna make you see, make you believe
That there's no need to be scared
Dim the afternoon sky into a starry midnight
There's a fire in your heart that I'm yet to ignite
So I'll take out the dark with the brightest light
Start a wildfire to burn away these lonely nights"

For the final chorus, the dominant drums kick in and he stands above the broken table and makes his way up the stairs. He opens a door in the hallway and walks into a bedroom, taking a seat on the side of the bed, Nadia nowhere to be seen in the room, although it looks exactly the same as the one that she's in. A shot cuts to her still seen in the chair, the pose exactly the same as the beginning of the video. She gets off of the chair and walks over to the bed in the room, climbing in and pulling the covers over herself. Shots cut in between this of her lover doing the exact same, both getting into bed. A final shot shows a camera zooming out and we see the insides of two bedrooms, both sleeping in different beds. The lights in both rooms suddenly shut off and the video quickly cuts to black.

OUT NOW
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 03/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/12/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 03/12/2013(UTC), erich hess on 03/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/12/2013(UTC), PANIC! on 03/12/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#292 Posted : 03 December 2013 10:08:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Nice job with this :) Very interesting video to say the least!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

GirlSpice on 05/12/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#293 Posted : 03 December 2013 20:41:51(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Mark: Very dark, dramatic and thought provoking. I loved the whole progression of a troubled relationship theme. It definitely worked well with the song. Excellent work, Ms Berry.

OOC: Nice work on this :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 05/12/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#294 Posted : 20 December 2013 03:58:53(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

"Hi, and thanks for pre-ordering my brand new album Diamond in the Rough, which comes out February 3, 2014. I'm super excited to share it with you all, it's a record that's a real part of me and shows each and every emotion I've felt during the past year. But until then, I'm happy to give you all a small piece of it right now with a song titled "Towards the Sun". I didn't want you guys going into the album expecting heartbreaking ballad after ballad, it's a pretty long album, and I wanted to show various sides to it before you hear the whole thing. I wanted to go deeper and really lay my heart out in the open, whether it's through a slow jam or a more upbeat track like this one, they're all songs that mean a lot to me. This one in particular is really about the moment you realise why you go through the things that you do with the person you love. Because although you can experience the coldest moments, you fight through to experience the best parts in love, when the future's bright and you're walking towards the sun."

"Towards the Sun"

Remember when we used to commit the sweetest sin?
Walking in the sunlight in our summer skin
All we ever needed was a familiar face
A new place, and each other's warm embrace
We're all searching for something more
And that's all I'm living for

Take me to golden California, we can sip on margaritas
And you can make me your señorita
Make me shake my moneymaker, troublemaker
And we'll get hot, hot, hot like Jamaica

And instead of running away, for once
We'll shine together, we'll take a chance
Cause after every bloody war
We find out what we're fighting for
We don't do it cause we dare, we do it cause we care
And instead of screaming, for once
We'll raise our flags and call a truce
Cause all we've ever really wanted
Is our chance to walk towards the sun

Let's run far from the smoke and mirrors
I don't wanna be stuck in a permanent winter
A summer love's so hard to find
So let's not be stuck in these worst of times
Pick me up and drive me round in your car
And we'll rediscover what we are
Turn off the radio, I wanna put my records on
And kiss you all over to your favourite song

Together, we'll be so free
Sail out to sea, come party with me
Give me some fun, dance out in the sun
And it'll feel like our love has just begun

I don't know where we're heading
But baby, I'm betting
That you wanna go somewhere far, far away
Somewhere hotter than today
And we'll burn brighter than before
Start up a fire that we can't ignore
Cause even when the stars are shining
In their perfect design, they're all aligning
The sun's still there, so we fight to carry on
We keep on trying, riding down the valley

Edited by user 20 December 2013 03:59:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 12 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 20/12/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 20/12/2013(UTC), erich hess on 20/12/2013(UTC), PANIC! on 20/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 20/12/2013(UTC), kandii on 20/12/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 20/12/2013(UTC), Mckenzie- on 20/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 20/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 27/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/12/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 27/12/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#295 Posted : 20 December 2013 04:41:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Superb work once again :) Looking forward to this album next year.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

GirlSpice on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#296 Posted : 20 December 2013 07:00:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Superb work once again :) Looking forward to this album next year.

OOC: Thank youuu! Looking forward to posting it. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 20/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#297 Posted : 20 December 2013 07:56:31(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: For a long time i've wanted to sort a collaboration out with you, finally got it done. The hardest part afterwards was keeping it a secret! Seriously though, i've heard little snippets here and there of the album but im stoked to hear it in full when it's released. I think this new direction you've taken with this album is outstanding, really enjoying it.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#298 Posted : 20 December 2013 08:31:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: For a long time i've wanted to sort a collaboration out with you, finally got it done. The hardest part afterwards was keeping it a secret! Seriously though, i've heard little snippets here and there of the album but im stoked to hear it in full when it's released. I think this new direction you've taken with this album is outstanding, really enjoying it.

Nadia: TELL ME ABOUT IT, I'm so glad we finally got to make a song together because I think it was long overdue. Thank you again for working with me on it! I'm thrilled with how it turned out, it was a pleasure to work with someone as talented as yourself. Roll on the album release!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#299 Posted : 20 December 2013 08:36:40(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: I love some of the titles they draw me in and make me wanna listen :D

OOC - really excited about this album, I also love the graphics it's true what they say your a genius at editing stuff :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#300 Posted : 20 December 2013 08:54:59(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: I love some of the titles they draw me in and make me wanna listen :D

OOC - really excited about this album, I also love the graphics it's true what they say your a genius at editing stuff :)

Nadia: That's definitely what I wanted, so I'm glad you're intrigued after looking at the track listing!

OOC: Thank you so much! Glad you like. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry